S95 how to control video exposure and focus manually? - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum  

S95 how to control video exposure and focus manually?

• 1 Replies
S95 how to control video exposure and focus manually?
« on: 22 / June / 2014, 04:20:06 »
Advertisements
Hi everyone,

I have just installed CHDK on my S95 :)
The main purpose for me is to gain manual control of the exposure and focus during video
(don't care about clicking etc because I will add music)

I have managed to use autofocus pressing 'set' button during video, (having pressed up to lock exposure) but when I autofocus the exposure changes briefly as it refocuses - then it dims again to the exposure I preset.

Is it possible (and could someone baby step me plz - there is a similar Q about MF but I couldn't get it to work)?...

I want to:
1) lock exposure for video then manually change focus during recording (without affecting the exposure)

Do i understand correctly that I have to set manual focus mode, start video then access the alt menu? ..and then change my settings and return out of alt menu? ...all while still recording?

Ideally I'd like to set this up so I can switch on video, lock exposure and manually focus during recording.

2) Also, I used STICK to install the stable version of CHDK, do I need to use the 'play-on' technique and install firmware step every time I turn on the camera?

I am excited to get my head around this and start maxing out my use of this cute little powerhouse :)

Many thanks in advance

Saul

Re: S95 how to control video exposure and focus manually?
« Reply #1 on: 22 / June / 2014, 08:58:16 »
The main purpose for me is to gain manual control of the exposure and focus during video
(don't care about clicking etc because I will add music)
Did you look at this :
CHDK Wiki : Manual Exposure Control for Video Recording

2) Also, I used STICK to install the stable version of CHDK, do I need to use the 'play-on' technique and install firmware step every time I turn on the camera?
Remember the little message STICK gave you at the end of the installation process ?  The part about locking your SD card prior to putting it in the camera?  If you do so, CHDK will load automatically each time the camera is powered up. More information about that can be found here : Prepare your SD card
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16