Manual aperture and shutter speed in video mode? - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

Poll

How much is important for you to have manual controls in video mode?

Too much!
It's important
Only "zooming in and out" is important
Not at all

Manual aperture and shutter speed in video mode?

• 5 Replies

Offline D@noosh

• Delighing you always, Canon
Manual aperture and shutter speed in video mode?
« on: 13 / March / 2013, 11:04:41 »
Advertisements
Hello Guys;

Is there a way to get a manual aperture and shutter speed and ISO in video mode for SX40HS (or Digic V cameras?)

I saw some threads about it in this forum. Someone made a script about it, but it was just for Digic4  :(. here's the link that is about the script:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6113.0

But is there a way to get at least a manual aperture or shutter speed for Digic5 cameras? (specially SX40 HS)  ???
K O W A N O N ...

Offline reyalp

Re: Manual aperture and shutter speed in video mode?
« Reply #1 on: 14 / March / 2013, 00:24:21 »
It's not really "digic 4" it's just experimental. There's no reason the same technique shouldn't work on other cameras.

It would certainly be nice to make this a supported CHDK feature. To do that, someone needs come up with a reasonably portable and stable implementation.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #2 on: 14 / March / 2013, 02:54:10 »
With Fast EV enabled in the "Enhanced Photo Operations" on A590 EV step works in video mode. Does this possibility has not been implemented for all cameras in the trunk version?
I put the video to be seen how it works on the a590 Video EV korak a590 CHDK

Offline D@noosh

« Reply #3 on: 14 / March / 2013, 13:38:04 »
Thanks for your answers but I saw an other script here:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5295.msg97842#msg97842

it works, but mostly it crashes the camera, that means it's not worth to use. whenever you use auto focus it'll crash. however I dunno if you use manual focus it will NEVER crash or not. I just use the script and it was fine but after using focus it just crashed.My camera crashed 4 times (turned off 4 times) of 4 times testing and I don't want to use that script again, Although someone else said it works fine for his SX40. Also the script just let you to change the values of Aperture and Shutter and ISO by pushing the left and right buttons (not by the ring) so in this way you not only shake the camera when changing the values but you can't change the values smoothly or it will take too much time to do so and it's not good at all.

(If you want to run the script, you should use the Trunk version of CHDK - development version - and you should turn the "native calls" on)
« Last Edit: 14 / March / 2013, 13:44:13 by D@noosh »
K O W A N O N ...

« Reply #4 on: 06 / July / 2013, 01:54:41 »
With Fast EV enabled in the "Enhanced Photo Operations" on A590 EV step works in video mode. Does this possibility has not been implemented for all cameras in the trunk version?
I put the video to be seen how it works on the a590 Video EV korak a590 CHDK
I have just tested this mode and EV steps - exposure compensation is enabled during video recording on Ixus220 (elph300),  with  the CHDK development version  http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/.
However this mode locks exposure immediately after you have applied exposure compensation during video recording.
« Last Edit: 06 / July / 2013, 02:00:34 by mercier »

Offline D@noosh

« Reply #5 on: 22 / January / 2014, 17:16:05 »
Finally after 120 days this is the script:
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Manual_Exposure_Control_for_Video_Recording

Although it doesn't work with SX40 HS  :( (with I version of firmware, at least).
Hope someone port it for the camera :) .
K O W A N O N ...