Video output - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum

Video output

• 4 Replies
Video output
« on: 12 / December / 2010, 09:21:47 »
Advertisements
I'm sorry for my English, I'm from Russia. I need yours help. Please tell me, it is possible and if yes, please explain how. I need next features for my Power Shot A480:
1. That a device worked with the disconnected lens. I need for when I disconnect lens control cable and press ON button, camera starts as usual (now message "lens error" is pop up on screen). Or, for only IRIS control is working as usual, and other functions of lens are disconnected.
2. When camera in photo mode, I need for picture that on LCD display translated on Video output (AV connector)
3. To disconnect the function of auto power off function in photo mode.

Please help me, if you can, I very need this functions

Offline reyalp

Re: Video output
« Reply #1 on: 12 / December / 2010, 16:02:50 »
I'm sorry for my English, I'm from Russia. I need yours help. Please tell me, it is possible and if yes, please explain how. I need next features for my Power Shot A480:
1. That a device worked with the disconnected lens. I need for when I disconnect lens control cable and press ON button, camera starts as usual (now message "lens error" is pop up on screen). Or, for only IRIS control is working as usual, and other functions of lens are disconnected.
A480 has no iris. It has an ND filter.
For operating without lens, maybe http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=3409.0 will help you
2. When camera in photo mode, I need for picture that on LCD display translated on Video output (AV connector)
It doesn't work this way already ?
3. To disconnect the function of auto power off function in photo mode.
CHDK should allow this, "disable LCD off" -  "Always"
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 14 / December / 2010, 23:54:25 »
Thank you very much! As I understand, for deceive processor and use camera w/o lens, I will must programming some controller (Atmel for example) for it repeat signals of optosensors. In any case, thank you for useful link!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 15 / December / 2010, 00:33:33 »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #4 on: 15 / December / 2010, 05:07:40 »
If you remove the lens, you still need a tiny mechanical shutter to block the light while the sensor is being read.

If you do not have a shutter, the image will consist of bright and dark lines.