ixus75 remote problem (was Re: building usb-remote-cable) - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

ixus75 remote problem (was Re: building usb-remote-cable)

• 4 Replies
ixus75 remote problem (was Re: building usb-remote-cable)
« on: 19 / February / 2009, 20:16:00 »
Advertisements
hello there,

i am using an ixus 75 / sd750 (FW GM1.02A) on a quadrocopter platform for aerial photography (www.mikrokopter.de), up to now just taking serial pictures that i trigger before takeoff. then i heard about CHDK on 25c3 and that you can use a mini usb cable to control the camera.

the flight control board of the mikrokopter has 5v outputs which you can switch from the remote. connected it with mini usb jack to trigger the shutter. many have done this successfully with the ixus 80 and other cams of the ixus family using this setup:

http://gallery.mikrokopter.de/main.php/v/tech/usbausloeser.jpg.html
german forum: http://www.mikrokopter.de/forum/topic-post96897.html#post96897

here comes the problem, not so with my ixus 75: with or without a script running or even any sd card inserted, switching on the 5v via the RC makes the camera toggle to review mode. when i switch back, the mode changes back to camera as well. so my "trigger" has the same function than the PLAY button of the camera.

is there there anything special about the ixus 75 or does anybody know what i can do to make the ixus 75 react by releasing he shutter?

thanx to anyone answering!

selecta T.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: ixus75 remote problem (was Re: building usb-remote-cable)
« Reply #1 on: 19 / February / 2009, 20:50:40 »
(I split & moved this post from that other thread as it didn't seem to be related to hardware hacking but could be of interest to anyone using a remote on ixus).

Out of interest... does your camera also power on if USB supply voltage appears?

What happens if invert your remote action and code the script to work with a reverse remote? Are you even able to get to rec mode if USB supply voltage is present?

And most importantly, are you sure you have remote functionality enabled from CHDK?

« Reply #2 on: 20 / February / 2009, 08:35:41 »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: 20 / February / 2009, 08:38:35 by Microfunguy »

« Reply #3 on: 20 / February / 2009, 08:37:07 »

« Reply #4 on: 20 / February / 2009, 08:41:33 »
does anybody know what i can do to make the ixus 75 react by releasing he shutter?

Download the build for your camera from here http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/index.htm

For now, you will not need the Common_files.zip.

Assuming that you have a bootable card, rename your existing DISKBOOT.BIN with the downloaded one.

That should work, no script needed.

David

hey there, posted almost at the same time ;-)

thanx for the tipp, i will try it out. but for now it works and i'm rellay looking forward to better weather...