New releaser - Allbest. His build. - page 5 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

New releaser - Allbest. His build.

• 139 Replies
Re: New releaser - Allbest. His build.
« Reply #40 on: 09 / December / 2007, 19:00:46 »
Advertisements

Another difference that I noted is that you can't get into the CHDK menu from the playback position on my A620.  To make CHDK changes I have to be in the mode to shoot pictures rather than play them back.  This hasn't bothered me yet, but it is different.

Some users also noted that certain scripts that were used before your version were crashing the cameras.
Thank you. I'll check this bugs  certainly :)

Offline hailstorm

• Canon S3 IS, Marumi 0.5 X Lens,Hoya CPL+CHDK
    • My pic page ;)
« Reply #41 on: 10 / December / 2007, 01:10:47 »
Ok In took 4 snaps in diff speeds..used a tripod!!! 0.00001, 0.00002,1/10000,1/3200...My findings.. u can see the histogram shift.. that there is almost no diff in the first two..rest.. u CAN c the difference..Boy its cool..who wants to go for a DSLR now!! I use a S3 IS..Ok frnds...There are 3 attachments.. pics1.zip -- refers to the plain jpegs directly from the camera pics2.zip-- refers to the RAW images from the cam.. converted to DNG using DNG for powershot...converted to jpegs using Photoshop cs3 [b]pics3.zip[/b]--again refers the RAW..converted to DNG using DNG for powershot...converted to jpegs using UFRAW..P.S.. I have resized the images so that i can fit into this post!!!! check the EXIF data if you want to.. The images nos.. are in the order of the shutter speeds above...
« Last Edit: 10 / December / 2007, 02:30:06 by hailstorm »

Offline hailstorm

• Canon S3 IS, Marumi 0.5 X Lens,Hoya CPL+CHDK
    • My pic page ;)
« Reply #42 on: 10 / December / 2007, 01:50:42 »
Any COMMENTS???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@22
« Last Edit: 10 / December / 2007, 02:31:16 by hailstorm »

« Reply #43 on: 10 / December / 2007, 03:53:49 »
Nice work on the new build. But something is odd about the ISO override on my S3. I can't seem to get anything higher than ISO800 when I compare the resulting image. I used to get ISO1600 (I thought).  And ISO Bracketing still acts oddly. When I choose +/- bracketing it starts the first frame at my camera's setting, then it drops an ISO value lower, then all going in one direction of + above that.
Thank you, Barney!
I had reproduced this situation on my camera. This problem realy exists. I'll try to find a solution

« Reply #44 on: 10 / December / 2007, 03:57:25 »
Any COMMENTS???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@22
great  ;)

GrinReaper

« Reply #45 on: 10 / December / 2007, 06:15:45 »
Hey,
I use a S3 and am really new to this....
and i really couldn't understand the rough english translation.
i read the wikia page on AllBest's current build...and can still only barely understand how it works....may be am extra thick...but could someone simplify it. :(
Also, i noticed that after installing the firmware..my camera just restarts on its own randomly...why might that be ?

« Reply #46 on: 10 / December / 2007, 12:36:27 »
Hi, everybody!
I use the new Allbest build, and so far, it is great! BUT I have noticed that when using the motion detection script, the delay between two consecutives pictures are taken is longer that with Fingalo's build. Have anyone else noticed? If so, is it possible to make things a bit faster?
Oh yes, I noticed the same with the remote control!
« Last Edit: 10 / December / 2007, 12:49:24 by A630Lover »

« Reply #47 on: 10 / December / 2007, 16:52:38 »
The Allbest build is wonderful but from a user lambda point of view, it looks more like an experimental tool than a consumer one.  Considering for example the settings to override the ISO value, you may give any value but it will be rounded to the closest usable value. I'd like better to be given all the possible values and to have to chose one.  Especially for the values that are not in the standard range.  For example, is ISO 3200 rounded to ISO 1600 or ISO 800? If the values were given in a menu, I could immediately trust the developers. But if I may enter any value, I have to perform many experiments before trusting myself immediately. The same for every setting and, maybe, every setting combination.
Jacques

dan

Re: New releaser - Allbest. His build -ISO override problem on S3 IS
« Reply #48 on: 11 / December / 2007, 03:28:34 »
I am testing the new  Allbest software on a S3 IS (good work , Allbest!).
I have observed also the shutdown problem, i.e. the camera is stucked suddenly and then shuts down.
Investigating further I have discovered that this occurs when I use the ISO override option.
It is a rather unpredictable behaviour. Because of this I am restrained in using ISO override option.

« Reply #49 on: 11 / December / 2007, 04:03:40 »
Allbest,

I have found propcases values using debugger, but seems that some labels are different from names in shooting.c and is difficult for me to resolve them.

For example I have found PROPCASE_AV = aAV, but no propcase has a label similar to PROPCASE_USER_AV.

Can You tell me the real Canon firmware labels used in Your firmware ?

This evening I'll make a more accurate listing of propcases and related values

Thanks