Faster continuous shooting? - Script Writing - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Faster continuous shooting?

• 2 Replies
Faster continuous shooting?
« on: 27 / May / 2011, 12:11:59 »
Advertisements
Hello,
I thought a bit about how it could be possible to get a faster continuous shooting. I have a Canon Powershot SX1 IS, which is able to capture full hd videos with 30 fps. So I thought it might be possible to create a script, which saves the frames as single images instead of writing them into a video file. I would like to know if it is possible and if yes, could someone please make such script? Additionally a selectable framerate would be nice, because such a "continuous shooting" can run longer if not every frame is saved.

Offline reyalp

Re: Faster continuous shooting?
« Reply #1 on: 27 / May / 2011, 13:17:42 »
None of this is currently possible with a script.

It might be possible to do some of these things in theory, but if so no one has figured out how.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline openuas

• OpenUAS
    • OpenUAS
Re: Faster continuous shooting?
« Reply #2 on: 23 / August / 2011, 18:02:26 »
@Scourge, realize video is very compressed since it stores differences in imagery so the rationale

>because such a "continuous shooting" can run longer if not every frame is saved.
will in reality not be the case.

BTW there a free tools to convert video into separate JPG images, maybe knowing that help you already.

IMHO, it is better to describe what you really want to achieve in the forum, and then other can advise you a solution instead starting with a proposed solution.