Is it possible to change the position of the ALT-key for an IXUS 240 HS? - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Is it possible to change the position of the ALT-key for an IXUS 240 HS?

• 14 Replies
Advertisements
I would like some help with the Lua commands and interface, but I'll start a new thread for that for clarity.

Just to finish off this thread ...

... the Fedora 27 fix worked like a charm. There was only a minor variation re the original 40-libgphoto2.rules. I'll sign up to the Wiki and provide that feedback.

I tried to sign up for the chdkptp Wiki, but it just opens on the Assembla "How can we help you" page. Without signing up for Assembla, is there a way to get some feedback to the chdkptp devs?

I tried to sign up for the chdkptp Wiki, but it just opens on the Assembla "How can we help you" page.
You must be doing something wrong ....

Without signing up for Assembla, is there a way to get some feedback to the chdkptp devs?
It's not "devs", it's "dev" (singular).  And if you post anything here for @reyalp, he will see it.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

I tried to sign up for the chdkptp Wiki, but it just opens on the Assembla "How can we help you" page.
You must be doing something wrong ....
In fairness, when I visit the chdkptp page incognito, I see a "try assembla for free" link which goes to a 404. Assembla seems to be limiting or discouraging new free accounts.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

ixus240 levents (was Re: chdkptp - alternative ptp client)
« Reply #13 on: 29 / April / 2018, 12:42:13 »
This thread also seems to be the one to continue the discussion re my efforts to resurrect my Ixus 240 HS.

Attached is a dump of ixus240 levent names.

Thanks so much for getting me started (and also as it turns out - thank you for CHDKPTP itself!  :))

I've tried a few things and had some success with generic commands; e.g.:

Code: [Select]
=post_levent_to_ui('PressFlashButton') and
Code: [Select]
=post_levent_to_ui('PressFuncButton')
However, I do have some questions about the levent_table. There seems so much that doesn't line up with the 240 HS. For example: PressRightButton, PressMultiButton, RotateIsoDialRight and MountExtFlash. The 240 HS does not have any of these things.

Is this just generic junk that was not cleaned from the firmware, or perhaps has Canon continued to use event names from former models to perform similar functions on touch-screen only cameras?

In any case, when I tried e.g. PressDownButton, hoping to navigate the function menu, nothing happened.

I see there are 29 pages of the IXUS 240/ELPH 320 HS Porting thread so I'm starting to read through that in the hope of a better understaning of how CHDK interacts with my camera.

In the meantime, any further advice would be most welcome.  :blink:
« Last Edit: 29 / April / 2018, 15:40:05 by reyalp »

Offline reyalp

Re: ixus240 levents (was Re: chdkptp - alternative ptp client)
« Reply #14 on: 29 / April / 2018, 15:50:58 »
This thread also seems to be the one to continue the discussion re my efforts to resurrect my Ixus 240 HS.
I moved it back to the original thread, since it's not about chdkptp directly.
However, I do have some questions about the levent_table. There seems so much that doesn't line up with the 240 HS. For example: PressRightButton, PressMultiButton, RotateIsoDialRight and MountExtFlash. The 240 HS does not have any of these things.
It's normal for the firmware to contain levents that don't match the physical controls on a particular camera. Generally speaking, cameras released around the same time have most of the same levent names. Sometimes they work (e.g. the jogdial events work on some cameras without a dial) and sometimes they don't.

One additional thing to watch out for if you are using PTP:
Initially, when you connect the camera in playback mode, the Canon firmware does not respond to most key presses. You can "unlock" it by sending
=post_levent_to_ui(4484)
Switching to record mode also unlocks the keyboard.
Don't forget what the H stands for.