Newbie issues, still - - page 5 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Newbie issues, still -

• 146 Replies

Offline intrnst

• A710IS + Morebest
Re: Newbie issues, still -
« Reply #40 on: 27 / June / 2008, 00:05:14 »
Advertisements
Hi, I haven't figured out how to use the motion-detect feature of the allbest 50 firmware. I have a canon 710IS.

How do I set my camera so I can catch e. g. a lightning? Do I need a script or is this included in the firmware? If so I just can't find the options. Thanks for your help!
Hi, Karoschne

Sorry the late answer, I'm little away these days. I never used the MD feature - my fault - but fudgey is "The MD guy", you should follow his thread and use his nice MDFB 080419 DigicII script, well documented too. Maybe he could do a "Fudgey MD Page" at wikia too.

Welcome and good luck.
Enjoy CHDKing!
-- funny english, be aware -- CHDK for Dummies - The Very First Steps

Offline Hiryu

« Reply #41 on: 01 / July / 2008, 09:18:35 »
Hello everyone, i'm using dataghost chdk on my s5 IS.
do you know what do do to download images using canon zoombrowser SW, instead of using a card reader? Is it possible?

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #42 on: 01 / July / 2008, 10:38:39 »
Hi Hiryu,

Hello everyone, i'm using dataghost chdk on my s5 IS.
do you know what do do to download images using canon zoombrowser SW, instead of using a card reader? Is it possible?

When you have DISABLED the "USB remote" feature in the CHDK Script menu your PC will recognize and use your camera as usual, YES - you can download the pics directly via ZoomBrowser; but only the JPEG files, NOT RAW (or other) files !

If the "USB remote" feature is ENABLED your PC CAN'T recognize your camera via USB - this mode is for using a remote control...

Offline Hiryu

« Reply #43 on: 03 / July / 2008, 15:14:40 »
Thanks! it's ok now. another weid thing is that after removing all photos from inside the Sd card, when i start the camera with chdk the icon displays memory full.... how is that possible? i checked with file browser and it's actually empty

i mean the icon is completely white, while i suppose it should be trasparent when empty, isn't it?
« Last Edit: 03 / July / 2008, 16:38:06 by Hiryu »

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #44 on: 03 / July / 2008, 18:57:05 »
Hiryu,
i mean the icon is completely white, while i suppose it should be trasparent when empty, isn't it?

No: change it & you've got it ! (white means free space)

Screenshot with empty card (1GB), full battery:

(more screenshots in the wikia: Allbest 51 Menu Screenshots)

Can't get card to format correctly
« Reply #45 on: 10 / July / 2008, 16:39:00 »
Can't get my sd card to use card tricks correctly. After it formats the make bootable tab is disabled so can't click on it. Also the CHDK - card tab is disabled so can't click on that. Any ides would be greatly appreciated.

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #46 on: 10 / July / 2008, 18:00:10 »
Hello & welcome jrewing !
Can't get my sd card to use card tricks correctly. After it formats the make bootable tab is disabled so can't click on it. Also the CHDK - card tab is disabled so can't click on that. Any ides would be greatly appreciated.
For getting help you should give some more informations:
What's your
  - camera model and firmware version
  - SD card type (size, SD/SDHC)
  - PC's OS (Windows XP, Vista...)
  - cardtricks version

Try it again with the 16 or 32MB SD card shipped with your camera to exclude the card as the evildoer...

« Reply #47 on: 10 / July / 2008, 19:53:14 »
Hello and thanks for the nice welcome! My camera is an A560 using windows vista home premium. Cardtricks version 1.34 and firmware I have not found yet. My card is an 8 gig card. I hope this helps. I guess I need to go thru the steps to find my firmware.

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #48 on: 10 / July / 2008, 20:06:32 »
jrewing,

for the the firmware version look here: CHDK wikia: CHDK_for_Dummies

8GB -> that might be the problem, for SD cards > 4GB you need a special "multi partition support"; with a card <= 4GB you should have no problems...

The only way to use your whole SDHC card with CHDK is the "multi partition support" way (use the search, there's much stuff about this), but this special feature (2 partitions on the card, one small FAT16 & a big FAT32, CHDK swaps the partitions on start) is camera dependend, the A560 should supports this.

The configuration for this can be a pain, not so easy...

Perhaps you would also try the SDM (Stereo Data Maker) , there's a nice installer that should do all the things for the multi partitioning...

« Reply #49 on: 10 / July / 2008, 21:34:34 »
Fe50,
Thanks for all your help. I will take your info and try to get it right. I hope all goes well. It is people like you who take the time and have the patience with us newbies that makes it great to have forums like this. Much thanks!   
JREWING :)
jrewing,

for the the firmware version look here: CHDK wikia: CHDK_for_Dummies

8GB -> that might be the problem, for SD cards > 4GB you need a special "multi partition support"; with a card <= 4GB you should have no problems...

The only way to use your whole SDHC card with CHDK is the "multi partition support" way (use the search, there's much stuff about this), but this special feature (2 partitions on the card, one small FAT16 & a big FAT32, CHDK swaps the partitions on start) is camera dependend, the A560 should supports this.

The configuration for this can be a pain, not so easy...

Perhaps you would also try the SDM (Stereo Data Maker) , there's a nice installer that should do all the things for the multi partitioning...