Shot Histogram Request - page 19 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

Shot Histogram Request

• 467 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: Shot Histogram Request
« Reply #180 on: 29 / March / 2013, 17:08:25 »
Advertisements
Image size is set to Superfine and L (2272x1704)
It's worse then. I'll look into backporting the ixus30 version in the near future...
The raw hook is at the wrong place.

Offline lapser

« Reply #181 on: 29 / March / 2013, 17:26:04 »
Good news is that that build loads OK on my camera (confused me slightly because it doesn't show the CHDK splash screen at startup, the first time,  so I thought it wasn't loading).
I think the splash screen is a configuration issue. I'm not sure if it works for older cameras, but I would try resetting by deleting the file:
CHDK/CCHDK3.CFG

I'm still back on 2619, so anything that's been fixed on the camera since then isn't there.

Also, are you sure you got ALL the files in the zip onto your card, including the modules? You have to overwrite all the modules, since a lot of my new code is in the lua module.

Forgetting about the raw files for now, the next thing to try would be to run the time lapse script. It's still pretty rough, and not documented, but see if you can figure it out. You can try using all the defaults, and just press <menu> to get it started.

If it works, you can try changing the various parameters, and setting the metering areas before you press <menu> and see what happens. I predict that the camera may crash if you set the focus to 1 (hyperfocal distance) or -1 (infinity). Good luck.
EOS-M3_120f / SX50_100b / SX260_101a / G1X_100g / D20_100b
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrLapser/videos

Offline ahull

« Reply #182 on: 29 / March / 2013, 17:30:30 »
Image size is set to Superfine and L (2272x1704)
It's worse then. I'll look into backporting the ixus30 version in the near future...

Hmmm odd, I reset all the settings on the camera and tried again, this time I think it works, let me check everything carefully. It *may* have been due to a low battery.

Offline ahull

« Reply #183 on: 29 / March / 2013, 17:41:43 »
Good news is that that build loads OK on my camera (confused me slightly because it doesn't show the CHDK splash screen at startup, the first time,  so I thought it wasn't loading).
I think the splash screen is a configuration issue. I'm not sure if it works for older cameras, but I would try resetting by deleting the file:
CHDK/CCHDK3.CFG

I'm still back on 2619, so anything that's been fixed on the camera since then isn't there.

Also, are you sure you got ALL the files in the zip onto your card, including the modules? You have to overwrite all the modules, since a lot of my new code is in the lua module.

Forgetting about the raw files for now, the next thing to try would be to run the time lapse script. It's still pretty rough, and not documented, but see if you can figure it out. You can try using all the defaults, and just press <menu> to get it started.

If it works, you can try changing the various parameters, and setting the metering areas before you press <menu> and see what happens. I predict that the camera may crash if you set the focus to 1 (hyperfocal distance) or -1 (infinity). Good luck.

The script runs, I can move the metering square about, and takes a picture (just the one), I'll have a play with this tomorrow. Looks like it may well work.

Offline lapser

« Reply #184 on: 29 / March / 2013, 17:48:43 »
The script runs, I can move the metering square about, and takes a picture (just the one), I'll have a play with this tomorrow. Looks like it may well work.
That doesn't sound good. It should start taking 1 picture every 2 seconds.

What happens after it takes 1 picture? The next thing I do is sum up pixel samples in the raw buffer to compute the shot meter, so if the raw buffer address is wrong, it would crash or something. We may need to move on to a camera that can save raw correctly. Does yours work with the standard CHDK build for saving raw?

Offline lapser

« Reply #185 on: 29 / March / 2013, 17:56:25 »
That might hang my script without crashing, if raw_savefile() is never called. I also need capt_seq_hook_set_nr() to be working.

Offline ahull

« Reply #187 on: 29 / March / 2013, 18:25:21 »
That doesn't sound good. It should start taking 1 picture every 2 seconds.

What happens after it takes 1 picture? The next thing I do is sum up pixel samples in the raw buffer to compute the shot meter, so if the raw buffer address is wrong, it would crash or something. We may need to move on to a camera that can save raw correctly. Does yours work with the standard CHDK build for saving raw?

I think the problem with RAW was actually due to low battery causing SD card corruption during the long save process.  I am now running on a fresh battery and have saved a couple of raw files which RawTherapee *does* like. I wont get a chance to do any further testing till tomorrow. This camera takes longer than 2 seconds (more like 5 or 6 seconds) to save a raw picture, not sure if that will be a problem or not. 

If that is a show stopper, I may abandon the idea and use some other camera. It would be nice to know if lapser's enhancements  work on older cameras though, so I am prepared to keep trying till we run out of options.
« Last Edit: 29 / March / 2013, 18:30:05 by ahull »

Offline lapser

« Reply #188 on: 29 / March / 2013, 18:39:53 »
I think the problem with RAW was actually due to low battery causing SD card corruption during the long save process.  I am now running on a fresh battery and have saved a couple of raw files which RawTherapee *does* like. I wont get a chance to do any further testing till tomorrow. This camera takes longer than 2 seconds (more like 5 or 6 seconds) to save a raw picture, not sure if that will be a problem or not. 

If that is a show stopper, I may abandon the idea and use some other camera. It would be nice to know if lapser's enhancements  work on older cameras though, so I am prepared to keep trying till we run out of options.
OK, so if raw save is working, then the raw hook is ok. When you test tomorrow, try it first with raw save off. Also, see if you can demonstrate that you can turn dark frames off and on in the raw menu, and that it works. It should take twice as long to take a picture with dark frames on (use a long exposure with the camera only).

6 seconds is how long it takes for CHDK raw on my sx260. SX50 and G1X have built in raw, which is a lot faster. I haven't tested my time lapse routines with raw enabled. Obviously, you won't get 2 shots per second, but you should be able to get a shot every 6.5 seconds or so.

To get over 1 shot per second, you need to be in continuous mode before starting the script.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #189 on: 29 / March / 2013, 19:53:45 »
Also, see if you can demonstrate that you can turn dark frames off and on in the raw menu, and that it works.
That does not currently work, but soon will.
Another issue with this camera is that CHDK overrides are only applied before the actual shot, but not when half-shooting. I guess it's not your concern, since you're working with the raw data.