power conservation on SD880 (IXUS 870 IS) and intervalometer - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

power conservation on SD880 (IXUS 870 IS) and intervalometer

• 3 Replies
power conservation on SD880 (IXUS 870 IS) and intervalometer
« on: 13 / December / 2010, 17:36:01 »
Advertisements
I'm trying to run the:

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/LUA/Scripts%3A_Accurate_Intervalometer_with_power-saving_and_pre-focus

on my SD880 and I'm having problems with the power-saving aspects.  I can manual get the display to shut down by holding the print button (which has been assigned to turning the display off, as per the instructions.)   But it turns right back on when the next photo is taken.  I can only assume it's because this camera has no physical view finder so the display is much more aggressive about being on.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get the display to turn off after taking a photo?

I'm a bit of a beginner with chdk, bu I'm curious if there is an alternative to "click" such as "hold" since pressing the print button quickly only removed the text from the display and doesn't blank the LCD, but holding the button does.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: power conservation on SD880 (IXUS 870 IS) and intervalometer
« Reply #1 on: 23 / December / 2010, 02:24:48 »
I'm a newbie as well and I don't have the SD880 though I do have the SD780.  Mine has a menu function that disables shot review.  Give that a try.  I just did this a few minutes ago for a time-lapse test I'm running and the screen will turn on for a split second between shots but for the most part it's off.

Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: 28 / December / 2010, 20:28:10 »
No, I turned off the shot review and still no luck.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 29 / December / 2010, 07:19:32 »
I can manual get the display to shut down by holding the print button (which has been assigned to turning the display off, as per the instructions.)   But it turns right back on when the next photo is taken.  I can only assume it's because this camera has no physical view finder so the display is much more aggressive about being on.
The Canon firmware enables the display after a shot - you'll have to disable it again, after each shot...
Read more here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,5306.msg51443.html#msg51443