is there a script or a way to change image color? - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

is there a script or a way to change image color?

• 7 Replies
is there a script or a way to change image color?
« on: 23 / October / 2015, 14:13:34 »
Advertisements
Hello i'm new in chdk and i searched for a script for change the image color like the special effect in most camera: monochrome picture or with high contrast etc…  or even negative picture effect is there a way to do it? Or chdk can't modify the pictures? Thank for the response

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
Re: is there a script or a way to change image color?
« Reply #1 on: 23 / October / 2015, 15:06:08 »
You can use the RAW development function from the CHDK RAW/DNG menu. Enable the RAW option in the same menu and take a photo.

Choose your new color settings in MyColors. Then you can select the 'RAW develop' in the CHDK RAW/DNG menu. Follow the instruction.

See also: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_1.3.0_User_Manual#RAW_develop

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #2 on: 24 / October / 2015, 13:11:17 »
Ahhh thanks i will try it th1nks for your response have a nice day!

« Reply #3 on: 24 / October / 2015, 13:31:32 »
Hello again i tryed it but i don't find mycolors setting where it is it is in chdk menu?  Thanks for the responce

Offline reyalp

« Reply #4 on: 24 / October / 2015, 14:27:26 »
Hello again i tryed it but i don't find mycolors setting where it is it is in chdk menu?  Thanks for the responce
my colors is a canon firmware feature, see your canon manual. Using msl's suggestion, you could shoot raw, and then try different my colors effects after the fact using CHDK raw develop.

CHDK generally does not modify the image colors. There was a curves feature for 10 bit cameras but it has never been updated to support 12 bit, so it doesn't work on most cameras current cameras.

Using CHDK 1.4 you can read and write raw data from script, but processing the entire image would be extremely slow.

In general, shooting raw and doing these kind of effects in image processing software later is likely to be a better approach.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #5 on: 25 / October / 2015, 11:25:44 »
Ahh yes i know mycolor from canon firmware i knew i can do the same with chdk but now i know i can't thanks for the response and in the future in chdk there will be a equivalent of my colors but better with chdk or it is impossible? I replaced the ir filter by another clear glass of the same tickness so my camera is all spectrum i would play with the color brightness etc…  its why i looked for a better my color with negative image etc…  of like photoshop filter but directly from camera by chdk. Thanks for the response

Offline reyalp

« Reply #6 on: 25 / October / 2015, 15:21:04 »
Ahh yes i know mycolor from canon firmware i knew i can do the same with chdk but now i know i can't thanks for the response and in the future in chdk there will be a equivalent of my colors but better with chdk or it is impossible?
Canon my colors presumably uses digic dedicated image processing hardware. We currently don't know how to control this, so any equivalent in CHDK would likely be a lot slower.

"Better" means...?

As for what gets added to CHDK: Features get added when someone with the required development skills takes the time to implement them. There is no particular plan. I do have some general ideas about adding bulk transformation of raw data to the rawop script feature, but not specific plans at the moment. Updating curves to work on sensors with >10 bits is also possible, although there hasn't been a whole lot of interest, and IIRC would require updating the tools edit them as well. It's not clear if curves would allow you to do what you want.

There have been some previous threads about shooting without an IR filter. Here's one
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11475.0
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #7 on: 27 / October / 2015, 20:40:10 »
ah alright, by better i mean with more effect like negative picture nightvision... like the lumix fz 72 color effect i know its not easy and lot of works ... thanks for the link for ir i like taking picture in infrared and i think if there is other spectrum like ultraviolet picture or x ray but i see only infrared is possible for other i need expensive camera or medical camera but it will be funny to take x ray picture like all person are skeleton but i dream.
chdk is very interesting i like it but i'm so sorry i don't have the skill to help...