Is there a way to manually change the <ALT> button? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Is there a way to manually change the <ALT> button?

• 4 Replies
Is there a way to manually change the <ALT> button?
« on: 07 / January / 2011, 22:21:40 »
Advertisements
I've joined the forums for this reason only, and if I get this to work, this forum might be a little useful and may just stick around.  ;)

So, after literally hours trying to figure out why the <ALT> doesn't appear to pop up at the bottom, I've managed to notice that my printing button may be broken.

I was simply wondering if there was a way to change the <ALT> button to something like holding down the SET or DISP button (or something similar). Thanks!  :)

Offline pixeldoc2000

• IXUS900Ti 1.00C, IXUS300HS 1.00D
    • pixel::doc homebase
Re: Is there a way to manually change the <ALT> button?
« Reply #1 on: 07 / January / 2011, 22:55:36 »
What camera and firmware version do you have? (Also add camera to your signatur)

I was simply wondering if there was a way to change the <ALT> button to something like holding down the SET or DISP button (or something similar).
Yes, but it requires changes to the source code.

You have to add CAM_ADJUSTABLE_ALT_BUTTON stuff for your camera.

« Reply #2 on: 07 / January / 2011, 23:53:18 »
What camera and firmware version do you have? (Also add camera to your signatur)

I was simply wondering if there was a way to change the <ALT> button to something like holding down the SET or DISP button (or something similar).
Yes, but it requires changes to the source code.

You have to add CAM_ADJUSTABLE_ALT_BUTTON stuff for your camera.

My camera is a PowerShot SD600. Firmware version: GM. 00D

I thought I was going to have to change the source. So, does anyone know how to do it and what I need to change it too? (Please note that I can't access the <ALT> menu at all.)

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 08 / January / 2011, 04:33:59 »
I thought I was going to have to change the source. So, does anyone know how to do it and what I need to change it too? (Please note that I can't access the <ALT> menu at all.)
Have a look to these SVN commits to see what needs to be done:
* http://tools.assembla.com/chdk/changeset/917
* http://tools.assembla.com/chdk/changeset/911

To change the default <Alt> key you could either set the default key directly in your code or use the default (print key), start your own CHDK once on your camera and edit the config file \CHDK\cchdk.cfg with zeno's Configuration Editor: http://www.zenonic.demon.co.uk/kapstuff/zcfgedit.html

« Reply #4 on: 08 / January / 2011, 13:01:00 »
Seems complicated, but i'll give it a shot. Thanks!