SX10IS locking up during firmware update - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

SX10IS locking up during firmware update

• 2 Replies
SX10IS locking up during firmware update
« on: 24 / October / 2009, 16:40:07 »
Advertisements
I have loaded the CHDK firmware update manually as well as using CardTricks. I have verified that the files are in SD card. However, when I select "Firmware Update" from the menu on the camera, the camera just locks up with the green power indicator light on.  There is not "flashing blue light" on the Printer button. The camera becomes a brick until the batteries are pulled. A check and the firmware did not upgrade.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Re: SX10IS locking up during firmware update
« Reply #1 on: 24 / October / 2009, 17:16:03 »
I have loaded the CHDK firmware update manually as well as using CardTricks. I have verified that the files are in SD card. However, when I select "Firmware Update" from the menu on the camera, the camera just locks up with the green power indicator light on.  There is not "flashing blue light" on the Printer button. The camera becomes a brick until the batteries are pulled. A check and the firmware did not upgrade.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Have you verified that you are using the correct FW version?

Offline reyalp

Re: SX10IS locking up during firmware update
« Reply #2 on: 24 / October / 2009, 19:27:09 »
Also note that "Firm Update" with CHDK does not update the firmware. If it succeeds, it just loads CHDK once. The next time the camera is restarted, CHDK will not be active (unless you have set up automatic booting with DISKBOOT.BIN)

edit:
See the FAQ http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Q._How_can_I_get_the_original_firmware_version_number_of_my_camera.3F to find out how to get the canon firmware version from your camera. You need the version of CHDK that matches your canon version, e.g. if your camera has 100c, you need the CHDK version with 100c in the name.
« Last Edit: 24 / October / 2009, 19:28:56 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.