G7X II Battery Temp Terminal Access - for dual-press remote switch - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

G7X II Battery Temp Terminal Access - for dual-press remote switch

• 1 Replies
Advertisements
I designed a 3D-printed dual-press remote for my camera rig using two micro-switches with the button positioned 1/3rd of the way between them such as to press one micro-switch first then the other. Each micro-switch has a 20k series resistor, and both connected in parallel so that using the temp terminal ADC it would be easy to detect the state of the button (off, half-press, or full-press). I will add and link to the CAD files to thingiverse once I have tested it out properly since it is quite useful and easy to construct for anyone with access to a 3D printer.

Link to original battery temp terminal thread: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=10385.0

Unfortunately now that I try to add the functionality for this to the CHDK C code, I have found that the battery temperature does not seem to be measured with the temp terminal any more on the G7X Mark II. GetAdChValue(3) is presumably the battery temperature (I have also confirmed this from one of the native battery functions that calls the same read as GetAdChValue(3) and checks that is within acceptable range, at 0xe04914f8 on G7X2 110b) however it seems to read a temperature from somewhere else, perhaps there is now a sensor placed next to the battery instead?

I then tried GetAdChValue for every value from 0 to 26 while changing the button but no luck with reading the temp terminal either.

Any other ideas of another way to read this terminal? I do wonder what hardware changes have happened now that camera is capable of charging the battery internally, perhaps this terminal now goes to the charging hardware instead and there is no possibility for the camera to read it anymore? In which case interfacing with this remote will become much more complicated.
« Last Edit: 18 / June / 2022, 09:14:03 by Recyclojunk64 »

Offline reyalp

Re: G7X II Battery Temp Terminal Access - for dual-press remote switch
« Reply #1 on: 18 / June / 2022, 14:40:38 »
I do wonder what hardware changes have happened now that camera is capable of charging the battery internally, perhaps this terminal now goes to the charging hardware instead and there is no possibility for the camera to read it anymore?
Seems reasonable to think the charging system might handle that, but FWIW SX730 has onboard charging and appears to report reasonable values for GetAdChValue(3), so maybe what you see digic 7 difference. The code for GetAdChValue seems at least superficially similar between the two, but I haven't looked closely.
Don't forget what the H stands for.