Advertisements
Here's what I have

badpixel.bin is 46.6k

and

Free Memory : 117 496 bytes
CHDK size : 290 920 bytes

Re: A3000IS poring thread
« Reply #91 on: 05 / July / 2011, 20:16:12 »
Running the 1.00D version, I've found a very strange bug -- if you don't set CHDK to save RAW pictures to the same directory as the JPEGs, CHDK will not start on the next boot.

I have been running in to a similar issue with the A1000IS 100a SDM build that I am testing for Microfunguy.  RAW support works a bit differently in SDM, but I am wondering if the extra folder that it creates (in the case of CHDK when it does not save the RAW files in with the JPGs and in the case of the experimental SDM build when it takes CRW/HDR pairs) is what is messing things up.  I found that if I put the SD card in my computer and deleted either the config file (in the CHDK folder) or the whole DCIM folder, then when I put the card back in my camera it would boot up again.  For some reason I don't quite understand (at least, not yet) it seems to be fine with either the config file or the extra DCIM subfolder, but not both at the same time.  Perhaps the config file is referencing the DCIM subfolders and freaks out when it sees something it didn't expect?

Oh, to clarify a bit, at least on my A1000 100a, when I turn the camera off and try to turn it back on again after taking a DNG picture (which is really a CRW/HDR pair) with the test build of SDM, the start up noise will play and the blue LED light (in the printer button) will flash, but then nothing else happens.

If I ever do find a solution for this I'll post it in here :)

UPDATE: Found the culprit!

(At least for the beta SDM build for the a1000 100a.)

Microfunguy and I found that if you just use the .BIN (and don't copy over the whole CHDK folder with all the scripts and whatnot) that the camera would not turn on after taking a DNG and turning the camera off.  I was also testing out the scripts and I found that with the scripts copied over (so that the CFG file had a default script to call, in this case the Time Lapse script) that I could take a DNG, turn the camera off and back on, and it would work!  Something about the empty/lack of a default script seems to freak out when there is an extra folder in DCIM.  I am still very unsure why all that happens, but try testing with a 'full install' (with the CHDK folder on the card, not just the .BIN) and see if that helps :)

Update to the Update

There is now a post about the exact problem we were running in to here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=2654.msg70226#msg70226
« Last Edit: 13 / July / 2011, 20:35:34 by Qanthelas »

« Reply #92 on: 05 / July / 2011, 20:23:17 »
Since trunk rev. 1035/1049 there is a build-in function to create badpixel.bin. The script does not work.

msl

I realize this was posted a while ago and maybe it's all working nicely with the new script by now, but I just wanted to post a note of something we found out while updating the A1000 100b version.  I could get it to do the badpixel.bin creation thing (where it takes a picture, thinks for a bit, takes another picture, thinks a bit more, the finishes) but it would always say that it failed and to try again.  What finally fixed it was tweaking the platform_camera.h file.  The CAM_RAW_ROWPIX and CAM_RAW_ROWS had to be lowered a bit to the following:

#define CAM_RAW_ROWPIX                  3720
    #define CAM_RAW_ROWS                    2772

My best guess is that the camera was trying to take a picture slightly bigger than the sensor can actually take and it freaked out when trying to compute the badpixel.bin file.  To get the correct numbers, I just took a CRW (rather than DNG, which require badpixel.bin) picture and opened it with UFRaw (as an addon for GIMP) and looked for the actual size of the picture.

Take this as a 'for what it is worth' :)  Good luck!
« Last Edit: 05 / July / 2011, 20:25:54 by Qanthelas »

« Reply #93 on: 30 / July / 2011, 02:25:34 »
Guys, I'm all kinds of stuck here, and I usually put new ROMS on my phones and all manner of craziness. It's not like I don't understand all this, but...I'm missing something.

I have a 1.00b build A3000. I have downloaded and copied the latest two files in this thread onto SD. The SD card had exactly these two files on them. It would not boot, it would only flash the red rectangle three times then go black.

So then I saw the comment about using the A2000 trunk. Oh, I see, MORE files that need to be on the SD card. So I got the latest (which I think is now 1256), copied those (everything except the two files in this thread, I kept those), tried to boot, and now it flashes the full CHDK logo and rectangle three times, then goes back to the Playback screen.

So....what the hell am I not doing right here?? :-)

We leave on a major road trip in three days, and we hope to tape the entire 3500-mile thing in time lapse. I would VERY much like some help figuring out how to get this thing working before then.

Thanks!

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #94 on: 30 / July / 2011, 07:08:23 »
Hello & welcome...

...and now it flashes the full CHDK logo and rectangle three times, then goes back to the Playback screen.
When you see the CHDK splash screen / logo, CHDK is loaded, up & running, the camera is in playback mode.
Press (or half-press) the shutter button once to switch to record mode...

I suggest reading a bit in the CHDK wiki:
* http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual

For time lapse scripts search for "intervalometer"...

Offline dok

« Reply #95 on: 15 / November / 2011, 13:22:13 »
but try testing with a 'full install' (with the CHDK folder on the card, not just the .BIN) and see if that helps :)

Sorry for the delay, I finally tried what you had proposed. It works ! i did a full install with the "a3000-100d-0.9.9-1418-full_BETA.zip" software and everything seems to work fine. badpixel OK, DNG ok, after shut down/on still OK.
Thank you very much!

« Reply #96 on: 21 / November / 2011, 09:43:44 »
Hi there. i am using the 1.00c version. 1st, i tried download from SVN server. Not working. after pressed "update" the screen turn off and nothing happened. then i tried all version, same, nothing work. Finally i decided the 1st release which ERR99 post on February. ERR99, can u make update for 1.00c?

also, sorry for my lame question, can i make this chdk auto boot in my camera?

« Reply #97 on: 21 / November / 2011, 09:49:35 »
CHDK Installation Guide
CHDK Installation on cards > 4G

If you are using an Apple Mac,  there are some additional things to consider

Firmware Update Method from a Mac computer

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #98 on: 21 / November / 2011, 13:51:37 »
CHDK Installation Guide
CHDK Installation on cards > 4G

If you are using an Apple Mac,  there are some additional things to consider

Firmware Update Method from a Mac computer

Thanks so much bro :)

« Reply #99 on: 26 / November / 2011, 23:34:56 »
Hello,

I recently installed build a3000-100d-0.9.9-1425 on my A3000.  I'm unable to open DNG files produced with this version using ACR or Lightroom.  I get a generic "don't support this camera" error.  I downloaded and managed to build the dng_validate executable from the Adobe DNG SDK.  This utility informs me that the DefaultCropOrigin is invalid.

I haven't yet built CHDK, but from inspection I think I see a problem.  In chdk/platform/a3000/platform_camera.h there are the defines:

#define CAM_JPEG_WIDTH  3648
#define CAM_JPEG_HEIGHT 2736
#define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X1 8
#define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y1 8
#define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X2 3616
#define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y2 2736

These are used in dng.h to construct the crop origin:

#define CAM_DEFAULT_CROP_ORIGIN_W ((CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X2-CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X1-CAM_JPEG_WIDTH )/2)
#define CAM_DEFAULT_CROP_ORIGIN_H ((CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y2-CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y1-CAM_JPEG_HEIGHT)/2)

The JPEG width is larger than Active area X2-X1 (and Y2-Y1), so this computation underflows and returns 0xffffffec and 0xfffffffc for the crop origin width and height.

I don't know how to determine the active area numbers.  I made a guess at sensor size of 3720x2772 for dng4ps2, but don't know if those are correct or how to derive the active area.

Regards,
Greg