SX60 Alt mode UI flickering - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

SX60 Alt mode UI flickering

• 3 Replies
« on: 06 / January / 2019, 22:39:18 »
Advertisements
Newbie to CHDK so I apologize, but after getting it running, the UI flickers so badly for the menu in alt mode that its impossible to use.

100F firmware, 1.4.1 OS
SanDisk extreme pro 64 GB SD card

I have tried going to playback mode and getting to alt mode from there or from shooting mode first, same results.  Really all I need to be able to do is allow for longer exposure at higher ISO.  But I just can't navigate the menu with the flickering.  Any fixes for this?

« Reply #1 on: 06 / January / 2019, 22:57:58 »
It's a known problem with the most recent cameras.  Typically going into playback mode settles things down so that you can at least configure CHDK to your requirements. Turning off Canon UI features like face recognition and focus tracking helps too.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: SX60 Alt mode UI flickering
« Reply #2 on: 06 / January / 2019, 23:07:22 »
OK, well I tried all of that.  Still tons of flicker.

I just want to be able to over ride the ISO so I can take longer exposures to try and capture the northern lights.  I enabled long exposure override and set to 30 sec and enabled ISO override to 1600.

But is there a way to make these active? I can't see a portion of the screen so I just wonder if I am missing something, because when I go back to shooting mode none of these changes are there.

Re: SX60 Alt mode UI flickering
« Reply #3 on: 06 / January / 2019, 23:33:25 »
Lots of people use CHDK on their SX60.  Using playback mode seems to work for them.  Leaves me at a loss to understand what's different in your setup.

FYI - CHDK overrides are done in the background and the Canon UI does not know they are active. So you need to check your images to see if they actually work.   Also, you pretty much need to set Tv, Av, and Sv if you try to set any one of them.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16