collaborative build CHDK? is it same as 1.5.0 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

collaborative build CHDK? is it same as 1.5.0

• 1 Replies
collaborative build CHDK? is it same as 1.5.0
« on: 02 / February / 2018, 09:55:04 »
Advertisements
Question 1: The CHDK I installed reads 1.4.1 when it flashes briefly the red window but when I do build info it says 1.5.0. Is 1.5.0 the unstable/experimental version?

2. When i tried to get a script, the requirement is the "collaborative CHDK build". How do i tell if my version is one?

Re: collaborative build CHDK? is it same as 1.5.0
« Reply #1 on: 02 / February / 2018, 10:22:56 »
The CHDK I installed reads 1.4.1 when it flashes briefly the red window but when I do build info it says 1.5.0.
That's strange.  Where did you get your version?

Is 1.5.0 the unstable/experimental version?
Yes

When i tried to get a script, the requirement is the "collaborative CHDK build". How do i tell if my version is one?
The "collaborative CHDK build" is a very old term.  Back when CHDK started (more than 10 years ago) there were multiple versions created by different people each pursuing their own interest and approaches. At some point, enough people got together and merged their work so that the "collaborative CHDK build" was created.  So anything you download now is a direct descendent of the "collaborative CHDK build".

What script were you looking at?  Any script that references the "collaborative CHDK build" the is likely to be very old.  There may be much better scripts that do the same thing now. 

Take a look at CHDK Links : Scripting and User_Written_Scripts
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16