Requests from dSLR users on Flickr - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum

Requests from dSLR users on Flickr

• 5 Replies

Offline kinematic

• Canon EOS 50D - Former Powershot S3 and S5 owner
Requests from dSLR users on Flickr
« on: 28 / January / 2009, 11:48:06 »
Advertisements
I asked the question on the general Canon DSLR forum a few weeks ago and got some great feedback.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/canondslr/discuss/72157612792078136/

This is a list of wishes and requests for features for CHDK development for DSLR. Thought I would share the thoughts. Seems the biggest request is a very basic one. Mirror lock-up for the Print button.

The next two seems pretty standard like an increase to the bracketing amount and intravalometer.

I haven't been using CHDK for some time and followed the 40D development for a while, but I hope that the answers would show that there's still an interest in this for the DSLR community.

Re: Requests from dSLR users on Flickr
« Reply #1 on: 31 / January / 2009, 06:48:12 »
I recommend you to make a short list based off the discussion to the thread if you want some comments...

Cheers
« Last Edit: 31 / January / 2009, 07:11:32 by acseven »

EOS 400D
« Reply #2 on: 06 / March / 2009, 20:52:01 »
I've just found this forum after some googling and am excited at the prospect of hacking my 400D/XTi. The feature I need most is a way to emulate the 40D's C1/C2/C3 entries on the mode dial by redefining the scene modes. Does anyone think this is possible?

« Reply #3 on: 06 / March / 2009, 20:53:44 »
I have an XTi/EOS400D and would love to be able to use the Print button for mirror lock-up.

Offline naplam

• EOS 400D
« Reply #4 on: 20 / March / 2009, 16:00:59 »
Focus confirmation light for manual focus lenses would be great. Right now, only chipped adapters do that, if you use an adapter or lens without electronics, the camera displays F00 and won't confirm focus with the green dot on the viewfinder. I tried but gave up after much analysis of the firmware disassembly. I think the firmware we can update doesn't deal with that at all, there's probably another chip dedicated to the autofocus stuff.

Offline naplam

• EOS 400D
« Reply #5 on: 20 / March / 2009, 16:02:30 »
From the flickr list, the selectable auto iso range feature is the most useful one, by far.