Motion Detection too slow? - page 19 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Motion Detection too slow?

• 253 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: Motion Detection too slow?
« Reply #180 on: 12 / April / 2008, 06:10:01 »
Advertisements
Only two post, an both on topic, c'mon :-). More chance that somebode will answer my question instead a irelevant post about strict perseverence on every rule. Aint helpful.
not following the rules isnt helpful either, is it. imagine EVERYONE would post his/her question in several threads in this forum. wouldnt be a nice place to browse here anymore, would it. besides, we really cannot do the work for you and send you your desired script and whatnot. read the wikia and the forum just like everyone else, you will get used to chdk and it's huge new array of options. it's not very polite to ask things like "ok guys, now that you're done with the hard work, can you send me a pre-configured, ready-to-use, fail-save script so i dont have to read all these complicated things myself", is it.
that being said, continue with the on-topic chit-chat :)

« Reply #181 on: 12 / April / 2008, 07:00:32 »
I agree with that but you have to understand that the forums are a bit of a mess for anyone let alone newbies. There's bug questions posted in the general help, the script forum, the development forums etc. It's just all muddled up. Although most problems end up being user-error like mine, a bug forum or thread still seems to be a good idea. Check out some of the other canon forums on the net and there's a lot of people who think there's absolutely no documentation or support for this project.

« Reply #182 on: 12 / April / 2008, 09:00:28 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:36:33 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #183 on: 12 / April / 2008, 09:18:05 »
If I stayed "on topic" my whole life I'd still be on one topic or just thinking what everyone else has already thought, and I'd have never found ultra-fast shutter speeds or that you can use digital zoom in RAW Develop mode for in-camera cropping, etc. etc. On-topic has its place, but is by no means the solution. :)

Heartily agree with the "write a script for me" demands instead of educating themselves. It's their turn to contribute too, the same way the rest of us have.

@jonnythe, while I agree with that, they can do the same thing I did when I put together many of the Wikia pages, scan dozens of forums and thousands of posts to gather the information from every corner of the globe, and then put it in all one semi-cohesive location. I'm waiting for the terminally anal-retentive editor to come along to make it even better than what I managed to do. I am not that person. :D

(My house looks like an untimely explosion between Mr. Wizard's Lab and several garage sales. I care more about function than form. And yet, I could tell you which box out of hundreds holds that little bit of plastic shaped like an L with a corner cut off one edge that would be just perfect for that part I need to make something. :) It might look like to a mess to others, but to me it is perfectly organized. The juxtaposition of unrelated items in close proximity allows my mind to retain its precise location. If I had 1 special domino in a box of 10,000 similar ones I'd be hunting  forever to find it. But because it might be in the spoon drawer I know exactly where it is. See how that works? :D )

totally OT of course, but how did you find out that my house looks like that inside ?  :D

wim

« Reply #184 on: 12 / April / 2008, 09:37:16 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:36:53 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #185 on: 12 / April / 2008, 11:46:38 »
MD LightningB works well on my A610. Pay attention to the comments about the get_prop commands.
Thanks. Thats all what I want :-). Thanks again.

« Reply #186 on: 28 / April / 2008, 16:33:53 »
Firstly, I'm very new to this forum - having not even found CHDK before 4/27/08.  I have the Allbest version up and running on my S3IS.  Hats off and 'thanks' to the developers.

Likewise, 'thanks' to all the script developers - especially the motion detection ones.

While dredging through the forum looking for scripts to shoot lightning (hey, I live in Tampa - lightning capital of the world, obviously I'd want to photograph it!), it seemed that many of the scripts were developed and posted by Mr. Barney Fife.  Reading between the lines, it seems that somehow Mr. Fife was offended on this forum, packed up his scripts and went home.

I feel I was fortunate to find a posting that contained "MD Lightning7" and was able to get this working on my S3IS.  However, it appears that much knowledge was lost when Mr. Fife departed the forum... kind of like the burning of the library at Alexandria.

Sooo... I was wondering if some kind soul that had copies of the Fife creative works would repost them?  That way noobs like me would at least have a chance of doing some research before bugging the pants off of the other forum members asking questions they could answer for themselves *if* they had the necessary resources.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can post the scripts!

Steve

:D

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #187 on: 28 / April / 2008, 17:28:57 »
Hi sr1sws,
sometimes i have this problem too, so i use the google cache to read Barney Fife's deleted postings (e.g. searching for "chdk MD Lightning site:chdk.setepontos.com"). Saving the cached sites (with firefox) will conserve the information only for me, i don't know whether it is welcome to post this "conserves" in the forum (because of Barney Fife's current signature) ?

« Reply #188 on: 28 / April / 2008, 18:19:42 »
Duh... as the Guiness Guys would say "Brilliant!"  I hadn't thought of using that resource!

As far as reposting BF's scripts, that should be legit - unless they were explicitly marked as copyrighted, I believe posting them to a forum would equate to releasing them in the public domain.

Thanks!

Steve

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #189 on: 29 / April / 2008, 04:10:21 »
Duh... as the Guiness Guys would say "Brilliant!"  I hadn't thought of using that resource!

As far as reposting BF's scripts, that should be legit - unless they were explicitly marked as copyrighted, I believe posting them to a forum would equate to releasing them in the public domain.

Brilliant? Maybe. Maybe... I on the other hand (and you may consider that as well) would rather abstain from using any services or knowledge of Mr. Fife, whether offered voluntarily or otherwise. Which, I believe, is the proper way to go under the circumstances.

Incidentally, while Mr. Fife's texts did contain certain relevant information, they certainly are not to be equated with the  knowledge in this forum, in the collective sense.