Length of the configuration files - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Length of the configuration files

• 1 Replies

Offline c_joerg

Length of the configuration files
« on: 03 / July / 2017, 09:26:50 »
Advertisements
When testing svtest_rawopint.lua I noticed that the configuration files have only a name with 12 letters (svtest_rawop.cfg).
Is this the maximum length for configuration files?
Is there also a maximum length for lua scripts?
Why the length is different?

For me, it looked as if svtest_rawopint1.lua and svtest_rawopint2.lua then use the same configuration file. What would happen if the parameters of both lua scripts were different?
M100 100a, M3 121a, G9x II (1.00c), 2*G1x (101a,100e), S110 (103a), SX50 (100c), SX230 (101a), S45,
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136329431@N06/albums
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrTH0tHy9OYTVDzWIvXEMlw/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Offline reyalp

Re: Length of the configuration files
« Reply #1 on: 03 / July / 2017, 19:11:02 »
When testing svtest_rawopint.lua I noticed that the configuration files have only a name with 12 letters (svtest_rawop.cfg).
Is this the maximum length for configuration files?
It appear to be.
Is there also a maximum length for lua scripts?
There is no specific limit for script file names, so the general camera dependent filename limits apply.

Why the length is different?
History, I guess. Whoever made the script code decided 12 was enough, and no one has changed it.
For me, it looked as if svtest_rawopint1.lua and svtest_rawopint2.lua then use the same configuration file. What would happen if the parameters of both lua scripts were different?
Bad Things, probably. The same can happen if you have lua and ubasic files with the same base name, or scripts with the same name in different directories. To be really foolproof, a very different system would be needed.
Don't forget what the H stands for.