G16 Porting Thread - Test Versions Available - page 10 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

G16 Porting Thread - Test Versions Available

• 229 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: G16 Porting Thread - Test Versions Available
« Reply #90 on: 07 / August / 2017, 22:00:25 »
Advertisements
With that change, overrides entered via the Enhanced Photo Operations menu now take effect during normal shooting (Auto, P, Tv, M modes tested). 

However, scripted shoot( ) statements do not use the override values from either the Enhanced Photo Operations menu or set_tv96_direct( ), set_av96( ), and set_sv96( ).
That's strange, since and menu overrides use basically the same mechanism. One thing that could make them behave differently is if PROPCASE_SHOOTING wasn't behaving as expected, since script tries to set immediately if it thinks shooting is in progress.

Another possible difference is shooting with a quick press (not waiting for camera AF/AE to be done) vs waiting for the camera to be ready in half press.

I would be very surprised if doing the override in case 1 is correct.

edit:
IIRC, there were problems on some other cameras with overrides when the hot shoe is in use (or the switch is stuck)
« Last Edit: 07 / August / 2017, 22:02:21 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

G16 Porting Thread - Test Versions Available
« Reply #91 on: 08 / August / 2017, 01:47:25 »
I would be very surprised if doing the override in case 1 is correct.
Surprise! 

There might be other factors affecting this but my testing shows that menu based overrides work if the override in case 1 is added, and that they do not work when it's not there.

Thanks for the other tips - I'll work through testing if they change observed results.

Edit : enabling camera logging seems to show that case one is the case executed when the image number advances.

Updates :
Another possible difference is shooting with a quick press (not waiting for camera AF/AE to be done) vs waiting for the camera to be ready in half press.
Quick press or half-press/wait-for-beep/full-press both cause the exposure to be made with the CHDK menu specified overrides (verified in AUTO and P modes).

IIRC, there were problems on some other cameras with overrides when the hot shoe is in use (or the switch is stuck)
Confirmed - if there is something in the hot shoe (or the CHDK Hotshoe override menu option is set to In Use) then the CHDK menu overrides are ignored when shooting.

edit : override problems resolved - the hotshoe i/o bits were incorrectly included in the keymask - causing issues with script / ALT mode overrides.
« Last Edit: 13 / August / 2017, 13:07:19 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #92 on: 11 / August / 2017, 05:23:33 »
firmware start loading on 100h revision

Re: G16 Porting Thread - Test Versions Updated
« Reply #93 on: 13 / August / 2017, 13:05:47 »
Problems with exposure overrides when using scripts have been resolved.  The beta test versions for the 1.00h, 1.01a, 1.01c (see first post in this thread) have now been updated to include the fix.  Please test using the included hdr.lua script and verify that the exposure changes with each shot taken.

Re: G16 Porting Thread - Test Versions Updated
« Reply #94 on: 20 / August / 2017, 15:16:09 »
Problems with exposure overrides when using scripts have been resolved.  The beta test versions for the 1.00h, 1.01a, 1.01c (see first post in this thread) have now been updated to include the fix.  Please test using the included hdr.lua script and verify that the exposure changes with each shot taken.

Back from holiday.
I can confirm that 3 pictures with different exposures are taken with hdr.lua in the g16-100h-1.5.0-full.zip

Greetings,

Harald
« Last Edit: 20 / August / 2017, 15:19:01 by Harald.Becherer »

Re: G16 Porting Thread
« Reply #95 on: 25 / August / 2017, 08:32:44 »
Note that I'm still hoping mavs or someone else will post a dump of the 1.01b firmware.
Hi Waterwingz,

are you still interested in a 1.01b dump? I just made one with my G16, but where should I upload it to? Does 32MB sound like the right size?

Best,
Andy.

Re: G16 Porting Thread
« Reply #96 on: 25 / August / 2017, 19:26:15 »
are you still interested in a 1.01b dump? I just made one with my G16, but where should I upload it to? Does 32MB sound like the right size?
Best,
Andy.
I'm very interested in a 1.01b dump.  It's possible that a 1.01b camera may work with the 1.01a or 1.01c version of CHDK but I can't tell until I have the dump to look at.  If it doesn't work, it should not be too hard to add it to the port.

32MB sound exactly right in size.  Upload it to any file sharing site - there are a lot of free ones (e.g. box.com) - and post a link here?  It will get added to the CHDK repo of dumps by fe50 and I'll be able to look at creating a port for it.

« Last Edit: 25 / August / 2017, 19:33:50 by waterwingz »

« Reply #97 on: 26 / August / 2017, 05:54:05 »
Perfect, here we go: https://app.box.com/s/eey47ot5ykuaqlogvxvw6h1tjkzytivr

And thanks for starting the G16 port, I'm really looking forward to testing it! You mentioned the known limitations of the digic6 ports, do you happen to have a link for further reading on this?

Cheers,
Andy.

« Reply #98 on: 26 / August / 2017, 11:47:50 »
Perfect, here we go: https://app.box.com/s/eey47ot5ykuaqlogvxvw6h1tjkzytivr
Definitely G16 1.01b.  Unfortunately it's sufficiently different from both the 1.01a and 1.01c that it will need its own port.  Won't take me too long to do the actual work but my free time is a bit limited right now so it could be a week or two.

And thanks for starting the G16 port, I'm really looking forward to testing it!
Have you enabled notification in your forum user profile? That way you'll get notified when I post an update and don't need to keep checking the forum.  Otherwise, send me a PM (personal message) with an email address that I can use to contact you?

You mentioned the known limitations of the digic6 ports,
I think the biggest limitation is the interference between the Canon UI and the CHDK UI when the camera is in shooting mode.  All CHDK ports have the issue to some degree but on the digic6 ports (so far) it's bad enough to make the port difficult to use.  Also, AFAIK nobody has implemented the CHDK video mode functions - including me.

do you happen to have a link for further reading on this?
see :  https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11316.0 and Re: finsig and other tools for thumb2

« Reply #99 on: 27 / August / 2017, 04:03:19 »
Sorry for not responding in almost 3 weeks (life loves to get in the way  :haha ) but on 101A the HDR.LUA sctipt reliably crashes the camera in any mode.