SX40: remember settings for each mode & disable start-up delay - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX40: remember settings for each mode & disable start-up delay

• 3 Replies

Offline longtalker

• SX40 1.00F
Advertisements
Hi everyone,

I was looking for a way to:
(1) have CHDK remember different settings for each of the different modes of the camera (M, Av, etc)
(2) disable the 2-sec delay between pressing the ON/OFF button and when the lens expands (personally I'd prefer to give up this security feature and have the camera respond faster when I need to turn it on)

..but could not find a way to do either. Does anyone know if these are possible at all, or if it's likely that future builds of CHDK (in particular, for the Canon SX40) will implement such new features?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Re: SX40: remember settings for each mode & disable start-up delay
« Reply #1 on: 04 / March / 2012, 14:17:13 »
2) - it's not the security feature, that's the time the CHDK needs to load to the RAM. When you press ON/OFF:

- camera starts it firmware
- firmware search SD card for the bootable file and checks SD-lock
- camera loads the file to the ram (it takes some while)
- then CHDK opens the lens

So there's no way to make this faster, than when CHDK is loaded... Of course beside removing CHDK ;)

1) It could be possible, but the only way that comes to my mind is changing the source code. So you'd need to modify the core of CHDK (which is not so difficult). This would be even nice feature...
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

Offline longtalker

• SX40 1.00F
« Reply #2 on: 04 / March / 2012, 14:49:33 »
I see, many thanks for your help :)

Offline longtalker

• SX40 1.00F