Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!! - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!!

• 213 Replies
Advertisements
Oh my god it would be so good to have these three things to adjust on my powershot. Please someone out there hear my prayers for developing an update in the firmware to have these three things to control.

Someone out there, please!
« Last Edit: 09 / June / 2010, 02:07:44 by Aket »

I second that. It would make video mode on these cameras much more usable. Right now the video features such as zoom and focus are great but having control over shutter and aperture would be excellent. Does anybody have any plans to update this?

Don't forget ISO!

See? People want it! As much as the people who demanded manual exposure on dslrs.

C'mon! Pleaseeee!

Offline reyalp

See? People want it! As much as the people who demanded manual exposure on dslrs.
Doesn't matter who wants it, unless they happen to be a programmer with a whole bunch of time and the necessary reverse engineering skills (assuming it's possible at all, which isn't a given.)

Features are generally added because someone who wanted the feature implemented it, not because it would make CHDK more popular with the general public. If you want this feature, you are welcome to dig into the code.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #4 on: 02 / August / 2010, 02:06:34 »
What? SO WHY DOES THIS PART OF THE FORUM EVEN EXIST?

Jeez! I'd even do it myself if I knew some programming, or at least some hint on what should I learn to do it, you might have 7420981 posts but you don't even bring an insight on what to do for help in this situation.

It's even a very basic and helpful feature.

Someone who could help should speak up.

And the ones who encourage nothing to be done like you should shut up.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #5 on: 02 / August / 2010, 02:47:19 »
What? SO WHY DOES THIS PART OF THE FORUM EVEN EXIST?
So people can make suggestions and discuss ideas. It's not a task list.
Jeez! I'd even do it myself if I knew some programming, or at least some hint on what should I learn to do it,
C and assembler. You're welcome.

And the ones who encourage nothing to be done like you should shut up.
I did not "encourage nothing to be done", I described how the process actually works: Features get implemented because someone with the required skill devotes the required time to it. This is essentially unconnected to how many people request it on the forum.

Exposure control in video is a good idea, and a popular request. I have no objection to it being done, but I don't personally have the time and inclination to work on it. If someone does start work on it, I'll be happy to provide any technical assistance I am able to.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #6 on: 02 / August / 2010, 03:29:24 »
@Aket

...or at least some hint on what should I learn to do it
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers

HTH,

wim

PS You might also want to take a look here http://tools.assembla.com/chdk/log/?action=follow_copy&rev=918&stop_rev=&mode=follow_copy&verbose=on to see that reyalp does 'a little' more than bumping his post count  :o
« Last Edit: 02 / August / 2010, 03:33:18 by whim »

« Reply #7 on: 02 / August / 2010, 03:32:31 »

I did not "encourage nothing to be done"
[/quote]

You basically said/implied: "You can't ask for features here, and it doesn't matter how many people do also, you would need a lot of time in case you knew programming and if it's even posible to do it and since I'm the only one experienced replying here I don't think there's someone else who can, good luck if you do :)"

That's pretty discouraging in my book and I think most people's.

But whatever, thanks for the hint. Just checked what you have to know, looks pretty hard.

How many codes would you have to write and where? The assembler gets the codes into the CHDK firmware?

Thanks if you can answer.

« Reply #8 on: 02 / August / 2010, 03:34:49 »
@Aket

...or at least some hint on what should I learn to do it
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers

HTH,

wim

PS You might also want to take a look here http://tools.assembla.com/chdk/log/?action=follow_copy&rev=918&stop_rev=&mode=follow_copy&verbose=on to see that reyalp does 'a little' more than bumping his post count  :o

I imagined he was a developer but he was very dismissive, thanks anyway, and nice I'll check that out.

Offline zeno

« Reply #9 on: 02 / August / 2010, 05:02:00 »
Aket - please take the trouble to re-read your posts and the replies. So far you've managed to be unpleasant to two people (note that they are both "Guru Members") who have freely given a great deal of their time to (a) work on CHDK and (b) answer lots of questions politely here. As Reyalp said, this thread is so people can make suggestions - not demands. And no matter how many people ask for something, when they are asking (as you were) for something for nothing, whether they get it depends on the goodwill of people like Reyalp and Whim, not how loudly or aggressively they ask.

And by the way, there's lots of information here and on the Wiki about what you need to know to do development. As you say, "it looks pretty hard".
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit