S3IS Shows Logo, then falls back to Canon Firmware - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

S3IS Shows Logo, then falls back to Canon Firmware

• 1 Replies
S3IS Shows Logo, then falls back to Canon Firmware
« on: 23 / May / 2013, 12:57:38 »
Advertisements
So I followed the instructions at http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Using_SDMinste_to_Create_Dual_Partition_SD_cards to make a bootable SD card (Lexar, 16gig, class 4).  Everything went fine, except the small partition was FAT12, not FAT16, but a little research seemed to indicate that wouldn't matter.

I put the card in my camera, booted up, saw the logo...and then got the standard Canon menu for play mode.  Trying to switch to any picture taking function caused the camera to shut down.  I pulled the card and flipped the write protect switch just in case I had it backwards, and didn't even get the logo on reboot.

OK, so I figured out what the shortcut button was on my phone, and confirmed that the firmware is loading.  I've turned the display on for the play mode, and actually see some live information!  It says I have 65% battery power. But when I go to record mode, it says "change the batteries" and shuts down.

« Last Edit: 23 / May / 2013, 14:17:27 by jbhelfrich »

Re: S3IS Shows Logo, then falls back to Canon Firmware
« Reply #1 on: 23 / May / 2013, 16:15:20 »
Right, changing to a fresh set of high capacity batteries seems to have resolved the issue.