Total newb. Only want bracketing on a1100 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

Total newb. Only want bracketing on a1100

• 7 Replies
Total newb. Only want bracketing on a1100
« on: 19 / March / 2013, 22:55:06 »
Advertisements
 Hello everyone, chapeau! to you all for everything here.
  I've used a A1100is for ages, and duckducked this forum when searching for how to bracket ( & possibly HRD). I spent some time lurking, but frankly I'm overloaded and overwhelmed.
  I've followed the instructions to know that my a1100is firmware is GM1.00B - the one not supported in the list!
In a nutshell, I don't need all the bells and whistles (Yet!), and know too little to be let loose. Can I just add bracketing of some description to my Canon?

love'n'joy
Lloyd
I have a feeling; more questions will follow!!!

Re: Total newb. Only want bracketing on a1100
« Reply #1 on: 19 / March / 2013, 23:07:04 »
Hello everyone, chapeau! to you all for everything here.
Bon soir M.Berriman.  "Hats off"  to you too!

I've used a A1100is for ages, and duckducked this forum when searching for how to bracket ( & possibly HRD). I spent some time lurking, but frankly I'm overloaded and overwhelmed.
That happens some times with CHDK.  As long as you  are patient with us,  we can probably help regardless.

I've followed the instructions to know that my a1100is firmware is GM1.00B - the one not supported in the list!
Just to double check as you are new here - how did you determine that?

In a nutshell, I don't need all the bells and whistles (Yet!), and know too little to be let loose. Can I just add bracketing of some description to my Canon?
Malheureusement,  you really need a complete CHDK port for your camera to do even the smallest thing.   There is a firmware dump for your camera already posted so its just a question of somebody volunteering here to do the conversion for your firmware version  AND SOMEBODY VOLUNTEERING TO TEST THAT CONVERSION.   Could that be you?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline nafraf

« Reply #2 on: 20 / March / 2013, 06:14:38 »
Malheureusement,  you really need a complete CHDK port for your camera to do even the smallest thing.   There is a firmware dump for your camera already posted so its just a question of somebody volunteering here to do the conversion for your firmware version  AND SOMEBODY VOLUNTEERING TO TEST THAT CONVERSION.   Could that be you?
I started the port.. 100b firmware seems to be compatible to 100c

@lloyd.berriman, could you test CHDK version for a1100 100c in your camera?
But before testing, answer waterwingz question: how did you determine your firmware version? :)

« Last Edit: 20 / March / 2013, 06:24:17 by nafraf »

« Reply #3 on: 20 / March / 2013, 18:32:56 »
(my access to the forum will be a bit erratic, due to health/sleep!)
  Thank you guys.  I put ver.req and vers req on sdcard and used func set. Any other relevant info needed from the 3 screens?
   A big IF, but, IF you can aim me at a fairly jargon free 'how to' I'm happy to put my circuitry and sanity on the table! If you assume I'm an imbecile, I'll do whatever I can.

nb I can get a bit "ranty" due to my autism sometimes - don't throw me off please, just tell me I'm being a dick and I'll go off-line for a while. ( A bit jokingly, I carry a letter from my support worker that says I can sometimes be a pain in the arse but don't mean to be!!!)
Lloyd
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

« Reply #4 on: 21 / March / 2013, 20:49:07 »
 After more reading, would agreeing to test a ver require testing all features? Having seen the complete list, unless there is a guide to do this, I don't feel confident, or able to commit. I'm happy to try, and happy(ish) to risk a brick!
love'n'joy
Lloyd

Offline nafraf

« Reply #5 on: 24 / March / 2013, 07:09:33 »
  Thank you guys.  I put ver.req and vers req on sdcard and used func set. Any other relevant info needed from the 3 screens?
Firmware version is enough.

Next step: try to load CHDK for A1100 100b from download server on your camera. 
100b and 100c versions seem to be compatible. If it is true, a new port is not required, only small modifications to csv file.

« Reply #6 on: 24 / March / 2013, 20:34:42 »
Thank you nafraf. I've d.led    a1100-100c-1.1.0-2651-full_BETA   and will get an old card cleared, prepped and loaded in a day or so. Lets see what happens!
love'n'joy
Lloyd

« Reply #7 on: 25 / March / 2013, 21:27:35 »
Thank you so much everyone. I imagine I'll be busy for a while with my new(ish) camera!
If I need (I will!) more help I'll be back.
Kudos to you all, and especially Waterwingz and nafraf.