IXUS75/SD750 1.01a | 1.00b | 1.02a - Update 09Nov2008 - Passing the Torch - page 11 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

IXUS75/SD750 1.01a | 1.00b | 1.02a - Update 09Nov2008 - Passing the Torch

• 381 Replies

Offline solarflare

• IXUS75 1.02a
    • My storm chasing gallery
Advertisements
I think we hit the same bug. It generalizes as this:

(1) press print button
(2) press DISP
(3) navigate to anything, change anything
(4) press DISP (CHDK crashes)

I hope this helps. :)

(1) press print button
(2) press DISP

Yes, I agree. I would like to look at the code and see if I can help out by fixing this. Where do I get the source code from - sorry for sounding so naive, but I really mean it.

Offline solarflare

• IXUS75 1.02a
Here's a third issue:

(1) Power on (CHDK autoloads)
(2) press print (ALT appears)
(3) press func. set and select Load script from file...
(4) move down to MotionDetect.bas and select it by pressing func. set

-> CHDK crashes. Sometimes it prints something, but usually it crashes before these texts:

Script load from file.
Script autostart.

Most often it doesn't get to the text printing phase at all.
« Last Edit: 10 / May / 2008, 16:04:00 by solarflare »

Hi all,
Just to say I am also testing the 1.02a beta for the Ixus 75.

I have it booting fine using the CardTricks formatted card procedure (very simple using 512MB SD Card).

In <ALT> mode I can navigate the menus fine, but as soon as i try to exit <ALT> mode the camera crashes to black and a power up is required. CHDK reloads from boot.

I have tried several changes to see if any are accepted so far the only success I have had is with the games or the calendar  (anything that does not require dropping out of <ALT> mode)

Can I ask if anyone has successfully managed to get any of the other CHDK features working or are we all at the same stage with the Ixus 75?

Happy to do more testing :)

Offline solarflare

• IXUS75 1.02a
Can I ask if anyone has successfully managed to get any of the other CHDK features working or are we all at the same stage with the Ixus 75?

I think we are. But I think that we all agree on the fact that now when the beta exists, one can get to know the menus during the bug hunting process. And that's a very nice thing. :)

Offline hobo

• SD750

(1) press print button
(2) press DISP

Adding a "me too" to this stack. Great progress though, thank you for your work so far TPC!

Thanks for the effort TPC! I'm getting the same result as everyone else with 1.02a.

Is it possible to downgrade to 1.01a using the firmware dump?

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
@kyleroberson

Sorry, no, that's impossible. If it was, CHDK wouldn't need to support multiple FWs for cameras.

wim

Offline TPC

• SD750 1.01a
Hay guys whats up

I'll be working on this off and on during the week. I'm juggling this, a few other projects, and a wedding (not mine). I can't guarantee anything (as usual) but look for an update towards the end of the week.

EDIT: Actually scratch the "I'll do it later" garbage. Look for an update in a few minutes plz.
« Last Edit: 12 / May / 2008, 18:57:57 by TPC »

Offline TPC

• SD750 1.01a
This is just a test build. I have made some changes to the capt_seq.c file in an effort to narrow down where the problem is occurring. It will not have all of the CHDK functionality. Run it and let me know if you can get it to crash.

zSHARE - chdk_sd750_102a_12may08_1802.zip