pulse damage - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

pulse damage

• 2 Replies
pulse damage
« on: 25 / March / 2011, 20:04:10 »
Advertisements
hi all, i have been taking shots of birds in flight,i use sdm with a remote switch, i find the only way of not missing a shot is to press the remote until the screen goes blank and keep my finger on the button, then release as the bird flies by,this can sometimes be about 2 mins of keeping the trigger down,is it safe to do it this way as i don't want to fry my camera. i use a 480, with a 6v switch. i have got some really nice shots using this method,but i am a bit concerned at sending a continual pulse to the camera for such a long time. thanks

Re: pulse damage
« Reply #1 on: 25 / March / 2011, 20:31:14 »
That is a new feature, previously the shot would be taken after ten seconds if the switch was not released.

You are not sending continual pulses, just a steady 6V.

I have tested keeping the switch pressed for thirty minutes.

All you need now is a 3D TV  !

Re: pulse damage
« Reply #2 on: 26 / March / 2011, 10:15:48 »
thanks David,nice to know I'm not going to fry my 480, it is a really handy feature, if you try and do a full shoot when you see the bird coming they are long gone by the time the shutter fired, i have pigeons and sea gulls that sit on the buildings nearby then they all take off together,so by keeping my finger on the trigger all i have to do is release when they launch off. great stuff. 3D tv, i wish. thanks again david.