Video cut short - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

Video cut short

• 2 Replies
Video cut short
« on: 31 / August / 2011, 17:53:34 »
Advertisements
Help!!!

I shot a video with my Ixus 960 last week which was probably about 2 minutes long.  It captured what was probably the most memorable moment of my holiday!

Now when I am home and i try to replay it, it is only about 20 seconds long and has not got the best bit in it (scuba diving with grey seals in the Isles of Scilly)

Any idea why it may have done this and if it is recoverable?  I have left the card write protected in the vain hope it might be able to be sorted!

I know this isnt actually a CHDK issue but just thought i might get help from some more advanced canon users!

Cheers

P

Re: Video cut short
« Reply #1 on: 31 / August / 2011, 17:55:56 »
Oh yes, i did have CHDK loaded and running when the video was taken to allow me to get RAW images which makes a massive difference underwater

P

Re: Video cut short
« Reply #2 on: 02 / September / 2011, 07:00:33 »
That's interesting, cause there were some problems with corrupted video files caused by early builds of CHDK for SX130IS. Maybe something like this occured. I don't know how to help you, I would try a kind of programs for data recovery. Nevertheless I'm not sure if it help...
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick