ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 88 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies

Offline koshy

Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #870 on: 15 / November / 2019, 15:36:47 »
Advertisements
With diskboot enabled, does it start in rec if you short press the play or power button?
Yes it does. That should be the catch of the day...
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #871 on: 15 / November / 2019, 15:45:37 »
- Does it crash when CHDK was started using the "firm update" method on an unlocked card?
No... Who'd a thunk it?

EDIT: But that is not because it would work. It displays USB:1 but the PC does not see the camera and CHDKPTP can't connect to it. The camera does switch to play mode upon USB-Cable insertion,
Did you disable USB remote before trying this? USB remote normally disables PTP completely.
Yes I just re-iterated this. Remote is off.
When I start the camera in Play, and load CHDK by FW-update the cam goes to Rec. If I then insert Usb cable, the camera goes to Play mode. The USB readout in your test build goes to 1. The camera is not seen by the PC. Remote is still off. I can even when USB-cable is in go to ALT mode and look at the remote stuff. If I turn Remote on, the camera goes back to Rec. If I turn Remote off again the camera goes back to Play like it did before, not being seen by the PC.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #872 on: 15 / November / 2019, 17:10:48 »
With diskboot enabled, does it start in rec if you short press the play or power button?
Thanks. That's a bug, although maybe not connected to our bug. If you hold the power or play button when booting with diskboot, does it start in play mode?

If so, try connecting to USB that way, without switching to rec.

When I start the camera in Play, and load CHDK by FW-update the cam goes to Rec. If I then insert Usb cable, the camera goes to Play mode.

What happens if you load with firm update and switch the camera to play with the play button before plugging it in?

Are values P0 through P2 of relevance to you?
Those are physw_status values. Don't think we need them at this point.
« Last Edit: 15 / November / 2019, 17:12:35 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

« Reply #873 on: 15 / November / 2019, 17:22:25 »
Thanks. That's a bug, although maybe not connected to our bug. If you hold the power or play button when booting with diskboot, does it start in play mode?
No, hold Power on goes to Rec. Hold play starts the Camera briefly and after having shown CHDK splash screen it shuts off again.
This looks like plain power down, not like a crash. I set the clock to 2222 and there was no fresh ROMLOG after this, what I got was old.
I naively thought this might be related to "our bug". I thought oh, what if upon USB plug-in switching to play does not work as it should?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #874 on: 16 / November / 2019, 02:18:52 »
Hold play starts the Camera briefly and after having shown CHDK splash screen it shuts off again.
If you release play after the splash screen, does it boot in play mode?

Normal behavior with CHDK is supposed to be: Clicking either button starts in play mode, long press power starts in rec. The reason this differs from normal firmware behavior is that once CHDK boots, the information about which button was used to start is lost unless it's still held down.

I naively thought this might be related to "our bug".
It could be, in a roundabout way. Here's a build which might fix the startup logic

Offline koshy

« Reply #875 on: 16 / November / 2019, 07:00:36 »
If you release play after the splash screen, does it boot in play mode?
Yes that is possible with the current trunk build. Even when started in Play like this the crash on UB-Plug-in occurs.

Here's a build which might fix the startup logic
That works, it now starts in Play, long press of Play button still shuts down the camera, starting using either button the USB-Crash is still with us.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #876 on: 16 / November / 2019, 13:58:44 »
That works, it now starts in Play, long press of Play button still shuts down the camera,
That's normal. Just to confirm, long press power does switch to rec mode?
starting using either button the USB-Crash is still with us.
:( Not too surprising.

Offline koshy

« Reply #877 on: 16 / November / 2019, 14:11:13 »
Just to confirm, long press power does switch to rec mode?
Yes

Offline reyalp

« Reply #878 on: 16 / November / 2019, 19:48:48 »
Here's another test build. I don't expect this to fix it, just cleans up some extraneous but probably harmless stuff in loader

Offline koshy

« Reply #879 on: 16 / November / 2019, 23:38:19 »
Here's another test build. I don't expect this to fix it, just cleans up some extraneous but probably harmless stuff in loader
Confirmed, the USB-Crash is still there.
The new version boots into play with both short presses to Play and Rec, goes into Rec if Rec button is being held during power on, turns off if Play is being held. So seems you did not break anything in the clean-up.