ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 40 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies

Offline tommi2water

• IXUS 220 HS Firmware: 1.00c
Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #390 on: 30 / November / 2011, 10:54:12 »
Advertisements
I believe the ELPH300 combines face self timer and wink self timer into the "smart shutter" mode.

Yes, you are right.

Show your camera this page when SmartShutter mode is active:
http://www.google.de/search?q=l%C3%A4cheln&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=de&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1440&bih=728&sei=JFHWTvjINsbLtAbrzs26Dg

:D

Offline tommi2water

« Reply #391 on: 30 / November / 2011, 10:57:02 »
[Edit: fireworks mode may only be selectable automatically, if the camera detects fireworks.  landscape mode is gone too, but I've seen the camera put the landscape icon up during auto mode.]

Oh, then I propose to add these three modes also to the modemap in shooting.c. Just to be sure that they are not missing. What do you think, jstanley?

« Reply #392 on: 30 / November / 2011, 11:42:47 »
Oh, then I propose to add these three modes also to the modemap in shooting.c. Just to be sure that they are not missing. What do you think, jstanley?

Sounds good to me.

« Reply #393 on: 30 / November / 2011, 12:43:40 »
Hey, being a complete NEWBIE to CHDK, I wanted to ask how can I get CHDK for my CANON IXUS 220HS? :/
And what does it do ? :/

Offline tommi2water

« Reply #394 on: 30 / November / 2011, 12:50:08 »
Hey, being a complete NEWBIE to CHDK, I wanted to ask how can I get CHDK for my CANON IXUS 220HS? :/

Quite easy task for you.

Go here and read: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
As soon as you know your camera firmware version and know how you start CHDK on your camera,
go here for the link to the CHDK Autobuild server: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads

This thread is only about porting CHDK to a specific camera model.

Questions about CHDK please ask in another forum area. Thanks.

« Reply #395 on: 30 / November / 2011, 12:58:36 »

Quite easy task for you.

Go here and read: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
As soon as you know your camera firmware version and know how you start CHDK on your camera,
go here for the link to the CHDK Autobuild server: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads

This thread is only about porting CHDK to a specific camera model.

Questions about CHDK please ask in another forum area. Thanks.

Okay. Thanks bye.

Offline tommi2water

« Reply #396 on: 30 / November / 2011, 13:23:25 »
We still have some image capturing problems:
  • ISO speed override results in a crash when you half-press the shutter
  • I suspect this has something to do with shooting_expo_iso_override in shooting.c, which was lifted verbatim from the 500hs, which was lifted verbatim from the sx220hs ...

Connected to above issue is the following:
I looked into the HDR script issue and did some testing with different variations of this HDR script to figure out which command could be responsible for crash.

As long as I remove all set_sv96(s) calls from the script, everything works fine.
The next shoot() command after a set_sv96(s) command will lead to camera shutdown (with lens staying outside).
I get the same crash when I override ISO values via ALT menu settings (like jstanley already reported).

The root cause for crash from HDR script is clear now, it is the Override of ISO settings. As soon as we have been able to fix the ISO override issue the HDR script should also work fine.

In capt_rec.c I commented out:
Code: [Select]
//" BL shooting_expo_iso_override\n"
" BL sub_FF88319C \n"
" BL shooting_expo_param_override\n"

and the behaviour is the same => crash.

Also this variant leads to crash:
" BL shooting_expo_iso_override\n"
" BL sub_FF88319C \n"
//" BL shooting_expo_param_override\n"

Only with this configuration in capt_seq.c no crash any more:  :(
//" BL shooting_expo_iso_override\n"
" BL sub_FF88319C \n"
//" BL shooting_expo_param_override\n"

If one of these two functions is called => crash.

btw:
How to find out correct values or verify existing entries in shooting.c :
I found out that in <ALT> Menu -> Misc -> Debug Parameters these mode values can be made visible very easy. Just activate "Debug Data Display [Props]" and "Propcase Page 14". Entry no. 149 will show the current ISO value.

I checked these values and verified that ISOTable iso_table[] in shooting.c is correct.

Offline tommi2water

« Reply #397 on: 30 / November / 2011, 13:38:55 »

Sounds good to me.

Added new shooting.c and shooting.c.patch for subversion integration.

« Reply #398 on: 30 / November / 2011, 23:43:22 »
I noticed .DNG files had ludicrous focal lengths reported in the Exif data.  This because CHDK still had the address of the sx220's focus length table.  I found the table in the ELPH300 (it's in the same place in all three firmwares) and updated main.c and all stubs_min.S files to reflect this.  Now the metadata reports a sane value.

This patch also fixes a few minor problems in platform_camera.h, and adjusts the aperture table in shooting.c to something a bit closer (it's not exact; it's stolen from the ixus200, which has a similar lens; I'm not sure where to find the real info for this - I didn't see it in propcase 26, where some comments referenced).

[EDIT: patch applies to trunk revision 1441]

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #399 on: 01 / December / 2011, 01:38:14 »
Added the
  • IXUS220 / ELPH300 1.01E
full 8MB dump (dumped with cBasic udumper) provided by siloxr from this forum post to the box.net/chdk repository.