ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 49 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies
Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #480 on: 12 / December / 2011, 15:43:33 »
Advertisements
How much free memory is there before plugging in the USB cable?
(Check the Show Memory Info option under the Miscelllaneous Stuff menu)

Phil.

Memory info:

Free memory: 414120 bytes
CHDK size: 263204 bytes
loaded at: 0x1774EC

« Last Edit: 12 / December / 2011, 15:46:48 by Nestkast »

« Reply #481 on: 15 / December / 2011, 21:21:37 »
Memory info:

Free memory: 414120 bytes
CHDK size: 263204 bytes
loaded at: 0x1774EC

Compiling with OPT_CHDK_IN_EXMEM (trunk 1489), I get this:

Free memory: 686184 bytes
CHDK size: 259840 bytes
loaded at: 0x78e67e0

Same result.  Also #undef'd CAM_REMOTE; no difference there either.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #482 on: 15 / December / 2011, 21:31:50 »
The text for E41 is USB_PHY_ERROR (USB physical layer error). I would guess something (a status bit?) needs to be masked, but that's only a guess.

Edit.
Nestkast wrote this:
It happens only whith a bootabe sd card running chdk, latest version, clean install.

So it may be related to the SD-card sensing switch.
« Last Edit: 15 / December / 2011, 22:18:11 by srsa_4c »

Offline db2

« Reply #483 on: 16 / December / 2011, 18:26:05 »
Hi, n00b question here. I've been following this thread for a while now. I have build 100.c. I've installed chdk and have been able to navigate the menus and set some options following the information in the chdk wiki. I still can't figure out how to take shots however. On screen I constantly have the message "insufficient space on card". On the mac it shows my card as having 10.8 gigs free on one partition, and 3.7 on the other.

Is there another button responsible for taking pictures? Or am I doing something more fundamentally wrong?

Sorry for the beginner question in this rather technical thread!

« Reply #484 on: 16 / December / 2011, 20:06:14 »
Hi, n00b question here. I've been following this thread for a while now. I have build 100.c. I've installed chdk and have been able to navigate the menus and set some options following the information in the chdk wiki. I still can't figure out how to take shots however. On screen I constantly have the message "insufficient space on card". On the mac it shows my card as having 10.8 gigs free on one partition, and 3.7 on the other.

Is there another button responsible for taking pictures? Or am I doing something more fundamentally wrong?

With the 2011 line of cameras, it's no longer necessary to partition the card--they'll boot from FAT32.  As such, partition support was not implemented in this port.  Have you tried using a single FAT32 partition?

« Reply #485 on: 16 / December / 2011, 23:08:03 »

With the 2011 line of cameras, it's no longer necessary to partition the card--they'll boot from FAT32.  As such, partition support was not implemented in this port.  Have you tried using a single FAT32 partition?

I had the same problem with the "Insufficient space on card" message. But as Jstanley0 pointed out you don't need a partition with this camera [300 hs]. Don't use the  SDIMinst program to prepare the card.

I just copied these files to the root of the SD card:-

1. DISKBOOT.BIN
2.PS.FI2

Then I manually booted the camera using the >Display/PLAY, Firmware Update method.

Offline sush

• ixus220 300hs firmware 1.01c
« Reply #486 on: 16 / December / 2011, 23:29:08 »

Sorry for the beginner question in this rather technical thread!

As the others have mentioned, it is possible to use one partition on a fat32 formatted card.   There are some old "make card bootable"  instructions floating around - well, don't use those instructions as they are outdated.  It does not seem to work to get the large SD card to boot (hexedit or other method doesn't seem to work)

Do the following to make a bootable card:

1) Copy the chdk files to the large fat32 SD card using your computer.  unmount and remove. Leave the card unlocked
2) put the card into your camera and turn on using 'play' then use the firmware update option to get chdk going
3) in chdk menu, find the 'make card bootable' option and do it
4) now, you can turn off your camera and take the SD card out. 
5) lock the card, and put it back into your camera
6) when you turn on your camera, with the power button, it should now automatically boot chdk. 

« Last Edit: 16 / December / 2011, 23:31:06 by sush »

« Reply #487 on: 16 / December / 2011, 23:31:17 »

1. DISKBOOT.BIN
2.PS.FI2

Then I manually booted the camera using the >Display/PLAY, Firmware Update method.
If you are using the firmware update method,  you don't need the DISKBOOT.BIN file.

However,  you might want to unzip all the other files - things like the CHDK logo, the example scripts, language support, fonts, grids, menu icons and LUA program libraries are stored on the card and so those part of CHDK do not work if the files are not there.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #488 on: 17 / December / 2011, 07:42:17 »

1. DISKBOOT.BIN
2.PS.FI2

If you are using the firmware update method,  you don't need the DISKBOOT.BIN file.

However,  you might want to unzip all the other files - things like the CHDK logo, the example scripts, language support, fonts, grids, menu icons and LUA program libraries are stored on the card and so those part of CHDK do not work if the files are not there.

I keep making beginner mistakes. I fixed it now – no wonder my battery indicator only displayed 0% & chdk icons were missing in the menu.
it looks a lot better now that it is loaded on the SD card properly.

Thanks again waterwingz

Offline db2

« Reply #489 on: 17 / December / 2011, 10:25:42 »
Thanks for the help! I can't find the firmware update option in the canon menus. Is it called something different?