ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 61 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies
Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #600 on: 24 / January / 2012, 20:20:10 »
Advertisements
I just noticed an interesting error on my camera.

I just noticed that if I pull up the Canon user-menu, I can get one of the sub-menu icons stuck on the screen ...Nothing (bar a power cycle) will get rid of it.

IXUS 220 HS
Power on -> upgrade to CHDK -> FUNC -> Right -> Down -> Left -> Left

This error may offer further clues as to how the video system works
Why did the FocusLockBox not destroy this OSD corruption?
What did the SystemMenu not destroy it?
Why does CHDK menu not destroy it?
I think maybe: Either the Canon firmware is constantly redrawing this stray icon for some unknown reason (best guess: unlikely) ...or... There is another overlay somewhere.  Your thoughts may differ

BC
« Last Edit: 24 / January / 2012, 21:41:24 by BlueChip »

« Reply #601 on: 25 / January / 2012, 09:01:26 »
can someone please tell me if i will be able to use CHDK (card locked on) with the usb cable so i can get my photos from the camera without taking out the card to unlock it everytime.. if my card is on lock position with CHDK on and i plug in my USB cable i get an error that the camera needs to shut down, because of this i always have to take my card out and unlock it.. i do this so often im thinking this could do damage to the card over time as opposed to before when i never had to take my card out.

i've tried the latest build.. the error is still there.

thanks

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #602 on: 25 / January / 2012, 10:00:51 »
@Bluechip

You may be able to inspect the camera's RAM on your computer by dumping it to a file:
set it up like this: Miscellaneous stuff -> Debug parameters -> Alt +/- debug action -> DmpRAM
then, in the moment you need it, execute it.
You'll find a 128M file on your card afterwards. You can modify core/main.c to obtain smaller dumps from specific memory ranges.
To visualize, you can use a tool like the one attached to this post (Win32). Also see http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Frame_buffers

« Reply #603 on: 25 / January / 2012, 16:01:02 »
can someone please tell me if i will be able to use CHDK (card locked on) with the usb cable so i can get my photos from the camera without taking out the card to unlock it everytime.. if my card is on lock position with CHDK on and i plug in my USB cable i get an error that the camera needs to shut down, because of this i always have to take my card out and unlock it.. i do this so often im thinking this could do damage to the card over time as opposed to before when i never had to take my card out.

thanks

As far as I know there is no solution for this e41 error yet. Several people including me have reported it.
But we have to wait for a developer who can reproduce the error and has time to solve the problem.

« Reply #604 on: 25 / January / 2012, 18:54:44 »

thanks

As far as I know there is no solution for this e41 error yet. Several people including me have reported it.
But we have to wait for a developer who can reproduce the error and has time to solve the problem.

one more thing i've noticed is that there is a huge difference between raw photos and the jpg ones from the camera, i think the camera tries to correct the photo at the edges because it is wide, so the photos aren't distorted, so this is really a great thing to have the raw photos because i'd never use the jpg's from the camera, they all look bad to me corrected like that, everything looks stretched at the edges and it seems that the videos have the same problem.. it would be a great thing if we could have the videos unstretched too! would that be possible?

i've attached 2 photos so you can see the difference between them.

thanks
« Last Edit: 25 / January / 2012, 19:03:16 by eXistenZ »

Re: Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #605 on: 25 / January / 2012, 22:35:20 »
As far as I know there is no solution for this e41 error yet. Several people including me have reported it.  But we have to wait for a developer who can reproduce the error and has time to solve the problem.
Out of curiosity, what happens if you have USB remote enabled?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #606 on: 26 / January / 2012, 19:36:44 »
As far as I know there is no solution for this e41 error yet. Several people including me have reported it.  But we have to wait for a developer who can reproduce the error and has time to solve the problem.
Out of curiosity, what happens if you have USB remote enabled?

i don't really know how to use that, but if i enable it, i don't get any error anymore, the camera starts in playback mode, but nothing happens and i can't do anything except turn the camera off - it's not in the mass storage mode so i can't get any files.

« Reply #607 on: 26 / January / 2012, 20:48:05 »
i don't really know how to use that, but if i enable it, i don't get any error anymore, the camera starts in playback mode, but nothing happens and i can't do anything except turn the camera off - it's not in the mass storage mode so i can't get any files.
Good enough.  This tells us that whoever did the camera port correctly identified the hardware bit that gives the USB power state.  It does not solve the problem but it does eliminate one possible source of the problem.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #608 on: 29 / January / 2012, 22:39:36 »
Hi there!

I've played with raw today a little bit. I'm using DNG. But when I try to do long exposure photos with overriding shutter speed and iso value to 80 My pictures are out of the ordinary. Well see for yourself. Anyone else experienced that?

« Reply #609 on: 30 / January / 2012, 06:18:41 »

thanks

one more thing i've noticed is that there is a huge difference between raw photos and the jpg ones from the camera, i think the camera tries to correct the photo at the edges because it is wide, so the photos aren't distorted, so this is really a great thing to have the raw photos because i'd never use the jpg's from the camera, they all look bad to me corrected like that, everything looks stretched at the edges and it seems that the videos have the same problem.. it would be a great thing if we could have the videos unstretched too! would that be possible?

i've attached 2 photos so you can see the difference between them.

thanks

Thanks for pointing out that difference. I just started using RAW. I use the DNG feature, because when i use the normal CRW, i can't open the files on the computer. Have you compiled any Scripts which you would like to share?

And how do i use the manual focus feature?. CHDK seems confusing. I've gone through the guide, but still things are unclear. The Auto Focus is starting to annoy me on this camera, its so hard to focus on a subject (that makes me wanna go out and buy a touch-focus camera :( )