ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 62 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies
Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #610 on: 30 / January / 2012, 07:44:53 »
Advertisements
Hi there!

I've played with raw today a little bit. I'm using DNG. But when I try to do long exposure photos with overriding shutter speed and iso value to 80 My pictures are out of the ordinary. Well see for yourself. Anyone else experienced that?

I will quote myself because I found something more with RAW. I took a picture outside without any overriding settings only DNG. And as you can see raw picture is somehow curved by the angles... which makes it useless if you can't crop it. I attached raw and jpg of the same photo.

Also I found out that the default raw photo is much more darker. Since this is my first time with RAW I can't tell if this is normal or is CHDK bug?

Another note on bad pixels. I get bad pixels in raw and I don't know if this is normal or not (again, I'm newbie with raws. Untill CHDK couldn't use it :D )

« Last Edit: 30 / January / 2012, 07:48:48 by frojnd »

« Reply #611 on: 30 / January / 2012, 07:47:33 »
Forgot to attach JPG version:

Here are both:

P.S. Sorry for double post. I don't know how to add attachment in edit mode. I saw only remove attachment.
« Last Edit: 30 / January / 2012, 07:49:06 by frojnd »

« Reply #612 on: 30 / January / 2012, 07:54:55 »
I just loaded up my DNG's and JPEG's, and realised there's alot of differences in the imgages !. The JPEG's are so badly distorted.DNG does seem to give a wider angle :o !   Explains why i found that a bit weird in my images. Looks like im going to be shooting DNG for a while.

By the way, any of you got the Lens Profile of photoshop for it? I'm looking for a correct lens profile for this camera.

« Reply #613 on: 30 / January / 2012, 07:59:59 »
ryandigweed try to shoot a long exposure photo with DNG. I tried and I got some nasty white purple don't know what picture out...

Also ryandigweed isn't DNG picture with curved angles useless? I mean I don't have PS (no money) I only have gimp + ufraw.

« Reply #614 on: 30 / January / 2012, 08:17:00 »
Will try to shoot some long exposures when i get it in my hands. How long? and at what ISO? That looks like its some firmware fault :( what's your firmware version?

by curved angles what do you mean by that? Curve adjustments? or actual curved/distorted images? Using Photoshop on my friends PC. Im shooting DNG because when i shoot in normal CRW mode, the resulting CRW files do not open up with anything :( and i've tried alot of softwares.

Did you try the bad pixel.bin thing? for the DNG files? Its supposed to clear up noise on the pictures, is that right?Found it too confusing :P Actually the camera isn't always with me, so then i cant try everything out :(

Keep me updated with your advancements. Im going to go to the shop one of these days to see if i can get a cheap tripod for this camera. And also some parts for a DIY USB remote cable (ive got everything except for the button )
« Last Edit: 30 / January / 2012, 08:19:00 by ryandigweed »

« Reply #615 on: 30 / January / 2012, 08:35:46 »
ryandigweed, The long exposure was 5 seconds and ISO was 80. Night handeled scene. My firmware version (According to acid) is 100c. You can see the picture I took with long exposure a few posts above. (It's white purple picture). 

By curved angles I mean like there would be wider angle. You can check 2 posts above I've posted raw and jpg comparison of pictures.

I've tried bad pixel.bin but I don't know of it's working or not. Kinda newbie here. I order a chip tripod from dealextreme for less than 1$.

« Reply #616 on: 30 / January / 2012, 08:49:29 »
Yeah DNG does provide a wide angle. And not a distorted one. I'm new here aswell . Thanks for sharing Dealextreme.com. I found a couple of cheap camera tripods :) Are they safe to deal with?

Yeah i saw your picture, it seems pretty weird, try an ISO like 200 or 400 and check?

« Reply #617 on: 30 / January / 2012, 09:50:39 »
I also bought two extra batteries http://www.miniinthebox.com/1400mah-3-7v-digital-camera-battery-nb-4l-for-canon-digital-50-40-and-more_p222021.html

(I'm still waiting for tripods and batteries) While we are talking about gadgets and I belive this is not the topic I'll ask anyway, what case for camera would be great for ixux 220 hs? Some small case to just fit ixux 220 hs but yet protective for pressure...
If tripods are safe? I bought thisese two:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mini-7-inch-metallic-tripod-1308
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/angle-adjustable-steel-stand-for-surveillance-security-camera-black-29603

I belive first one is not so stable, but it will suffice my needs :) Second is from metal and and Is more safe :)

How can you tell my DNG is not dstorted? Also can I make DNG not wide angle in CHDK settings somewhere, or do I have to do it in gimp/ufraf? Can I disable wide angle at all in DNGs?

I've tried long exposure with ISO 400 and time 2.5 seconds Here is the resul:

When I tried to take another photo with the same settings picture were again white with purple artifacts...
« Last Edit: 30 / January / 2012, 09:53:09 by frojnd »

« Reply #618 on: 30 / January / 2012, 10:06:39 »
Those look like some great add-ons ! :) can't wait to get myself one ! :)

As for your pictures, that looks really weird. I'm not sure why it's happening, but ill try doing the same with my camera and then let you know :) 

« Reply #619 on: 31 / January / 2012, 17:00:05 »
As the vers.req file doesnt seem to work on the 220HS to see firmware, I used Exiftool to see from an image what the FW is, it said: FW Revision 1.01 rev 5.00. I assumed that to be 101e. As e is the 5th version judging from how many versions on the chdk download list.

So I installed 101e of chdk. Runs ok. But when I look at the build info in chdk, it says FW 101c vers.

So which one is the correct one? Can i try 101c chdk without damaging the camera?

Edit: Corrected spelling.
« Last Edit: 31 / January / 2012, 17:53:25 by SirRichieRich »