ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 72 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #710 on: 09 / March / 2012, 02:19:48 »
Advertisements
Exposure works well but I would love to know if the exif is wrong or if 2 x 100 = 320 for CHDK purposes. 
Yes, thanks to Canon's marketing department. See the note on "real" and "market" ISO here http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Override_ISO_value
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #711 on: 09 / March / 2012, 14:07:52 »
Yes, thanks to Canon's marketing department. See the note on "real" and "market" ISO here http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Override_ISO_value

You nailed it.  Thanks for the education.  I should have remembered that from all the DxO sensor evaluations I have read.  But am suprised at the size of the difference anyway.   
Thanks again!

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #712 on: 09 / March / 2012, 18:38:54 »
Yes, I am sure the ISO and shutter speed overrides always work. 
That makes my new theory invalid...
Have not tried Tv (meaning minimum shutter speed for action shots? ), only 5-20 sec exposures.
Should have written "shutter speed override", CHDK doesn't provide true Tv.
Can you try what happens if you use the camera's "long shutter" mode instead of a CHDK shutter speed override?

I've made a new build with disabled support for >64s exposures. You can choose either the diskboot.bin or the ps.fi2 version this time. CHDK-ixus220_elph300hs-101g-1.0.0.zip - 0.35MB

« Reply #713 on: 09 / March / 2012, 19:09:55 »
Can you try what happens if you use the camera's "long shutter" mode instead of a CHDK shutter speed override?

I've made a new build with disabled support for >64s exposures. You can choose either the diskboot.bin or the ps.fi2 version this time. CHDK-ixus220_elph300hs-101g-1.0.0.zip - 0.35MB

Before i load this new DISKBOOT i tried with DisableOverrides=ON.  The ISO and shutter were exactly as set by the Canon f/w (8", iso100) but now I cannot turn off the DFS again...even after resetting everything as it was last night.  Maybe I mixed up versions of the DISKBOOT (doubtful) thus good time to try your new one.  Thanks...later.

« Reply #714 on: 09 / March / 2012, 19:38:42 »

Before i load this new DISKBOOT i tried with DisableOverrides=ON.  The ISO and shutter were exactly as set by the Canon f/w (8", iso100) but now I cannot turn off the DFS again...even after resetting everything as it was last night.  Maybe I mixed up versions of the DISKBOOT (doubtful) thus good time to try your new one.  Thanks...later.

Ok, with the new DISKBOOT I can still get DFS off but only in Program mode, not in Long Shutter either in ALT or not in ALT mode.

What you made work a couple days ago still works:, DFS for long exposures but only in P mode as far as I can tell.  Whatever changes are in the new bin do not jump out at me.

Please clarify; what is the difference (other than script execution) of pressing the shutter in ALT mode versus not in ALT?  The OverRides still seem to work either way so I wonder what is supposed to be off when ALT is off but was loaded on boot?  DFS is still undecided.  With the new DISKBOOT I just restarted, set a OverRide shutter of 5", turned ALT to OFF, then fired single shots in Program mode.  The first 2 did not use DFS.  The next shot, and all afterwards, did use DFS.  Nothing else touched in between and lighting was very dark with no changes.  I can still get what I need most as long as I start off with Program and ALT turned on. 

I am thinking we should take up a collection to send you a spiffy new Elph300HS or whatever its called across the pond.  Wish you were closer so I could just send you mine to play with until you tire of it.

Cheers.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #715 on: 09 / March / 2012, 23:03:17 »
Please clarify; what is the difference (other than script execution) of pressing the shutter in ALT mode versus not in ALT?
Pressing the shutter in alt mode only starts a script. It never shoots, unless the script shoots. If the script does not touch the override values, then overrides set in the menu should take effect.

Shooting outside of alt mode uses whatever overrides you have in effect.

You should be aware of the somewhat confusing disable overrides setting: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Disable_Overrides and the fact it has a shortcut.

However, the dark frame subtraction option isn't an override in this sense.

It's possible sensor temperature is one of the factors in the cameras decision to take a dark frame or not. If so, this might affect the override appearing to work for the first few shots and then stop working.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #716 on: 09 / March / 2012, 23:13:25 »
Please clarify; what is the difference (other than script execution) of pressing the shutter in ALT mode versus not in ALT?
You should be aware of the somewhat confusing disable overrides setting: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Disable_Overrides and the fact it has a shortcut.

It's possible sensor temperature is one of the factors in the cameras decision to take a dark frame or not. If so, this might affect the override appearing to work for the first few shots and then stop working.

I actually did RTFM when I started but that section on Overrides should make more sense if i read it again now.  Its possible I have a setting that is screwing up something else down the line.    As far as sensor temp....good point.  I will be suprised if it heats up after only 2 shots of 5-10sec but I have been suprised many times before.  I will give it a test that ensures the sensor stays cool and post results.

Many thanks again for your help.  I would have no chance of getting this 24mm Elph for timelapse work without your input so far. 

« Reply #717 on: 10 / March / 2012, 03:49:02 »
I tried  some intervallometer but i don't find one than lcd off function work. Someone can help me?

« Reply #718 on: 10 / March / 2012, 10:56:33 »
I tried  some intervallometer but i don't find one than lcd off function work. Someone can help me?
I posted this when you asked this question some time ago :
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6341.msg80187#msg80187
You were having trouble to get any script to run - did you finally over come that problem ?
Were you able to make the posted script run except for the lcd off function ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #719 on: 10 / March / 2012, 12:17:11 »
Making Badpixel.bin:

Fails always for me with release 1714.    I tried different ISO's.
I went back to 1486 and it worked.