Help with IXUS 220 HS (ELPH300HS) - PTP - page 3 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Help with IXUS 220 HS (ELPH300HS) - PTP

• 25 Replies
Re: Help with IXUS 220 HS (ELPH300HS) - PTP
« Reply #20 on: 22 / November / 2012, 17:39:05 »
Advertisements

I managed to boot CHDK on my IXUS 220HS (works great!), i installed libusb and ptpcamgui, but it doesn't really work.
console displays
>> reset
>> reset
>> reset
>> reset
>> reset
, and so on
and it waits for camera constantly, i thought i was so close to get it working on, but i falied, please do help, i'm a dummy!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #21 on: 22 / November / 2012, 18:05:10 »

I managed to boot CHDK on my IXUS 220HS (works great!), i installed libusb and ptpcamgui, but it doesn't really work.
console displays
>> reset
>> reset
>> reset
>> reset
>> reset
, and so on
and it waits for camera constantly, i thought i was so close to get it working on, but i falied, please do help, i'm a dummy!
Do you "USB remote" enabled in chdk menu by any chance? This setting must be off to use PTP (this is confusing, but the USB remote is something different...)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #22 on: 22 / November / 2012, 19:09:59 »
Thanks a bunch!

It works! It works!

I guess I was so excited CHDK was working, that I started to fiddle in menu, then I actually found out  that remote USB was something different i was expecting (ptp was), and forgot to change it.

« Reply #23 on: 07 / November / 2013, 18:12:39 »
You definitely cannot do this kind of thing with a hub, a distinct USB protocol connection to each device is required.

Does this mean that multicam.lua function mc:connect() cannot be used to connect multiple hub connected cameras ? (or has something changed in the meantime).  Thanks.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #24 on: 07 / November / 2013, 21:34:34 »
Does this mean that multicam.lua function mc:connect() cannot be used to connect multiple hub connected cameras ?
No, it means nothing of the sort. That post was written to answer a specific question. If you read the question, the answer should make sense.

Hubs are completely transparent to the USB protocol connection chdkptp uses, just like any other regular USB device it doesn't know or care if they are present.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #25 on: 08 / November / 2013, 03:24:37 »
No, it means nothing of the sort.

Good. Thanks [as usual] for the clarification.