Can't use sx200IS iContrast function on dual bootable SDHC - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Can't use sx200IS iContrast function on dual bootable SDHC

• 4 Replies
Can't use sx200IS iContrast function on dual bootable SDHC
« on: 26 / October / 2009, 13:33:12 »
Advertisements
Hi guys,
If anyone owns a sx200IS you should know about a feature called "iContrast", in playback mode you can pull up the Canon menu and use that function to tweak the contrast of your photos. I have no problem getting into that function however when I apply the changes to the photo it does not save it, which I guess is a limitation of the card being locked to use CHDK, on the other hand if I unlock the card the camera won't see the images on the card, has anyone noticed this issue?
Thanks

Offline reyalp

Re: Can't use sx200IS iContrast function on dual bootable SDHC
« Reply #1 on: 26 / October / 2009, 17:19:56 »
Hi guys,
I have no problem getting into that function however when I apply the changes to the photo it does not save it, which I guess is a limitation of the card being locked to use CHDK
Thanks
No, this is not correct. One of the things CHDK does is make the camera ignore the lock. If this were not the case, you wouldn't be able to take pictures at all with CHDK.

I have no idea how CHDK would interfere with this one function.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 27 / October / 2009, 07:32:27 »
Nevermind, the fixed pictures are not overwritten, they go to the end of the card, that is strange, I expected the camera to overwrite the file.
Thanks

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 27 / October / 2009, 08:32:45 »
Nevermind, the fixed pictures are not overwritten, they go to the end of the card, that is strange, I expected the camera to overwrite the file.

Applying Canon functions like iContrast, Red-eye-Correction or Effects afterwards to an image never overwites the image.
(..."Save as new image and display" from the Canon manual)

« Reply #4 on: 27 / October / 2009, 08:36:02 »
you've got it, maybe I should read the manual..., thanks!