SX130is support, and remove 10minute Cap on HD videos. - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX130is support, and remove 10minute Cap on HD videos.

• 3 Replies
SX130is support, and remove 10minute Cap on HD videos.
« on: 11 / October / 2010, 15:36:47 »
Advertisements
Hello.
I recently purchased a sx130is to replace my old sx120is camera.
My main reason for buying this camera was to get HD video support.

I was very dissapointed to see that the maximum clip length in HD mode is 10minutes.
I could understand the 4GB limit imposed being due to FAT32 file system, however at 10 minutes the file size for a HD video is nowhere near the 4GB FAT32 limit, thus this must be a canon imposed limit on the HD video. ( 640x480 SD video can run for an hour or till the 4GB limit)
It is such a shame for Canon to have limited this camera in this way.
Canon also had an oportunity to remove this limit in their recent firmware update(1.0.1.0) on this camera, which had HD video sound synch issues. however they chose not to.

It would be nice if CHDK would support the SX130is and find a way to remove this 10minute limit.
I understand that its early days in the life of this newly released camera, but hopefully someone will figure out a way to do this.

Best of luck to those working on porting this over to the SX130is.
« Last Edit: 11 / October / 2010, 15:42:53 by interested »

Re: SX130is support, and remove 10minute Cap on HD videos.
« Reply #1 on: 29 / November / 2010, 14:53:02 »
I just bought my SX130IS today, and am also eagerly awaiting CHDK to be made for it. I realize this camera is a brand new model and that it will take some time and effort in getting a port of CHDK to it.

If there is some way that I can help, feel free to contact me.

« Reply #2 on: 11 / June / 2011, 00:45:18 »
I just bought my SX130IS today, and am also eagerly awaiting CHDK to be made for it. I realize this camera is a brand new model and that it will take some time and effort in getting a port of CHDK to it.

If there is some way that I can help, feel free to contact me.

Ditto. Firmware GM1.01C I don't see any work being done on this model  :(
I primarily would like to see RAW and motion detection. I loved CHDK on my A590 before someone stole it.

« Reply #3 on: 11 / June / 2011, 10:46:48 »
Man! There is a port for this camera, works well;p I also made a script that is some walkaround 10mins problem. Everything's here:

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5691.0

Read this thread carefuly and find the lastest firmware.

I'm using CHDK on SX130 and it's ok;D
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick