A590IS porting... - page 6 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A590IS porting...

• 968 Replies

Offline ma_jk

Re: A590IS porting...
« Reply #50 on: 18 / October / 2008, 19:15:34 »
Advertisements
@cyro

could you please download the attachment? ive uploaded again, probably it got corrupted.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #51 on: 18 / October / 2008, 19:25:14 »
@cyro

I locked it and placed it in the cam, but sadly, the only thing I get is a "card locked"

try re-inserting card in cardreader, start CardTricks, select card and check if it is bootable ('CHDK Autorun' in 'CardInfo & Selection') If it is not, click make bootable (this just in case you forgot that - if card is non-bootable you get 'Card Locked')

[edit: 'making bootable' involves writing to card, so be sure to unlock before !]

hope that helps,

wim
« Last Edit: 18 / October / 2008, 19:30:59 by whim »

Offline cyro

« Reply #52 on: 18 / October / 2008, 19:38:42 »
Hi wim,

no, I didn't forget that, and it actually says it's bootable in cardtricks.

@ma_jk: with the new attachment, I get this:

Starting up in shooting mode, the lens extends, I get the stock OSD for about a second, then the cam looks bricked.
After pushing the power button, the lens retracts, immediately extends again, I get a flickering red/white CHDK logo and a row of numbers for about a second, then again the stock OSD for about another second, then again nothing, looking bricked.

Starting up in play mode, I get a flickering red/white CHDK logo for some seconds, which is overlaid by "Calc..." and a row of numbers like this:
Code: [Select]
0: 0
1: 0
2: 0
3: 0
4: 0
5: 1
6: 0
7: 0
8: 1    <flickering>0000 KB/</flickering>s
9: 0    <flickering>-00:00:0</flickering>0
                           Bit:       1x

Switching from play to shoot mode extends the lens, then bricks the cam again, without any further display.

Hope this helps,
cyro

Edit: @ma_jk: Maybe you could add the MD5 sum of diskboot.bin, so I can be sure there's nothing going wrong in the transfer/unzip part?

Edit2: I tried a different cardreader today to make sure, but I see no difference with that. I also noticed that the SD card has a new (all empty) "CHDK" folder structure on it after I booted the card in my camera. I presume this is normal.
« Last Edit: 19 / October / 2008, 05:09:32 by cyro »

Offline ma_jk

« Reply #53 on: 19 / October / 2008, 07:49:50 »
@cyro
those problems were relative to "random" configuration in the cchdk.cfg file.

Another build, this time with NO futures (and so no lockups) in shooting mode; you can start navigating in the gui, run the memory browser and also run some scripts...

edit: removed, see next post
« Last Edit: 19 / October / 2008, 11:01:20 by ma_jk »

Offline cyro

« Reply #54 on: 19 / October / 2008, 08:57:02 »
Hi ma_jk,

this version is working. I'm currently playing around with the menus etc.
After I have tried some things, I'll report back here.

Great work so far!

« Reply #55 on: 19 / October / 2008, 09:23:03 »
Great work! I have 101b unfortunately. I've been eagerly watching this thread and the progress amazes me. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are contributing, personally I really appreciate it.

Offline cyro

« Reply #56 on: 19 / October / 2008, 10:04:28 »
I played with it now for about one hour, ran some basic scripts, used the browser, text file reader, and I'm able to toggle the live exposure histogram by pressing halfshoot+up or halfshoot+right.
As ma_jk said, nothing else in shooting mode works with this version (or should it?)

@ma_jk: Please tell me if you want me to try anything special with this or subsequent builds. Otherwise, I would just play around (e.g. I'm really interested in RAW shooting and exposure bracketing for HDR purposes), and maybe I would miss some parts that a more experienced CHDK user would use.

Only thing I noticed in the recent build: the zip archive contains an extra folder in which the diskboot.bin etc. is located. Cardtricks just unzips this to the SD card and adds ver.req to the root folder. I suppose I'm right in moving the contents of that folder back to the root folder? Another thing: there's a vers.req file in this build. Is this meant to be another ver.req file, or just a typo?

By the way: thanks for the quick responses and fast work on this whole thing, ma_jk!  :)

Offline ma_jk

« Reply #57 on: 19 / October / 2008, 10:25:07 »

First of all, i want to say how impressive CHDK is. Im really astounded by the number of features that it has added to this (cheap!) camera... it really unleashes power from this little thing!
ok, end of the advertisement section.

Here comes a new build, after ive worked the capt_seq.c part. Ive not much time to test all, so please feel free to mess a little especially with the remote capture and the keyboard section. Dont espect to be 100% functional because im still looking for some constants in the disassembly.

@cyro:
those 2 .req file are perfectly normal, as the vers.req file extends some info with the SET + DISP keys combination.
The "CHDK" folder u see in root must be left there 'cos it contains configuration files, scripts, etc.

« Last Edit: 19 / October / 2008, 10:43:56 by ma_jk »

Offline gho

« Reply #58 on: 19 / October / 2008, 13:22:56 »
First of all, i want to say how impressive CHDK is. Im really astounded by the number of features that it has added to this (cheap!) camera... it really unleashes power from this little thing!
ok, end of the advertisement section.

*drool* ;-)

Cool! Out of curiosity I just tried the latest version for the 100e cams in a 101b cam. I tried to turn it on in both modes but as expected absolutely nothing happened.

Offline cyro

« Reply #59 on: 20 / October / 2008, 08:13:42 »
Hi ma_jk,

thanks for the hint about the two .req files. The 'CHDK' folder of that specific build wasn't in the card's root after cardtricks unzipped it - that's why I asked. In the most recent version of yours, it's in the right place again.
I tried to use remote capture. I don't have an actual USB remote trigger at hand, though.
If I set the first 'enable remote' entry to on, my camera just autofocuses as soon as I plug in a (standard) USB cable. No other input through the keys is accepted.
If I set the second 'enable remote' entry to on, the camera autofocuses and shoots as soon as I plug in the cable. I guess the plugging does cause the same signal as a custom built USB remote trigger does.
What did you mean with 'the keyboard section'?
RAW shooting seems not possible yet, I still get normal .jpgs, though I set the 'save RAW' entry to on. No persistent battery symbol yet, too.

Keep up the good work, I'm really looking forward to the next release  :)

cyro