Camera auto shuts down during Motion detect. - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Camera auto shuts down during Motion detect.

• 4 Replies
Camera auto shuts down during Motion detect.
« on: 09 / November / 2009, 03:12:11 »
Advertisements
First post, have been searching for the answer in this forum but I cant seem to find it.

Just started using CHDK and I'm really looking forward to using it in different situations.
I have gotten it all to work, both CHDK and MD script. The problem is that the camera (old Canon Ixus 50) goes to auto sleep/ auto shut down if it doesn't detect any motion for a period of time.

Iv tried to turn "auto shut down" off in Canons own meny in the camera but it still does the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

//Peter F

Re: Camera auto shuts down during Motion detect.
« Reply #1 on: 09 / November / 2009, 05:06:05 »
In one of the CHDK menus there is an option to turn-off screen-blanking in ALT mode or when running a script.

David

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #2 on: 09 / November / 2009, 05:56:26 »
Hello & welcome, Peter !
First post, have been searching for the answer in this forum but I cant seem to find it.
You'll find the description in the CHDK wikia, in CHDK firmware usage #Misc --> "Disable LCD off".

« Reply #3 on: 09 / November / 2009, 12:46:28 »
Thanx for the quick reply, and thanx for the welcome.

I don't have the camera at hand so I haven't been able to try your tips yet but I will do that as soon as I can BUT I'm not sure that its the LCD screen thats the problem. It feels like the entire camera goes to sleep, not just the LCD since the Motion Detection also stops working. Would the motion detection stop working just because the LCD goes to sleep?

But, as I said, haven't been able to try it yet so the two answers above this reply just might do the trick.

//Peter F

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #4 on: 09 / November / 2009, 14:07:56 »
It feels like the entire camera goes to sleep, not just the LCD since the Motion Detection also stops working. Would the motion detection stop working just because the LCD goes to sleep?

The Canon power management function disables the LCD and also the sensor, as the DISP key does on those old Powershots.
MD is based on the life view image, therefore it won't work with disabled LCD/sensor.