the sx10 porting thread - page 24 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

the sx10 porting thread

• 613 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: the sx10 porting thread
« Reply #230 on: 07 / May / 2009, 02:22:18 »
Advertisements
Seems like SX10s are now shipped with 1.02B. I wouldn't buy my SX10 if I hadn't thought chdk would be available for it, and now I am anxiously looking forward for chdk for 1.02B. Before buying the camera I wasn't aware of the many firmware versions and of the fact that they are not downgradable. I wish I could do anything to promote the development of chdk for my version of firmware. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the required kind of programming.

Is there anywhere, except in this thread, a way to know the state of development (if any is done at all)?
AFAIK, no one is working on it. If it happens, it will almost certainly be posted in this thread. It would also be noted on the SX10 wiki page.

There is no schedule or plan for ports. They get done when a developer has the time, skill and motivation to do them. This is not usually influenced by how many people want the port.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #231 on: 07 / May / 2009, 02:23:49 »
Thanks

« Reply #232 on: 07 / May / 2009, 15:05:22 »
Hi again,

Did anyone started with porting of 1.00C? this is one of the olders firmwares, my cam has this one and i'd like to know if it's being ported, or if someone started with this one.

Thx in advance

Angel

Offline reyalp

« Reply #233 on: 08 / May / 2009, 01:40:49 »
Did anyone started with porting of 1.00C? this is one of the olders firmwares, my cam has this one and i'd like to know if it's being ported, or if someone started with this one.
If no one has said anything in this thread about a particular firmware being ported, it almost certainly hasn't been started.

« Reply #234 on: 09 / May / 2009, 08:40:16 »
my canon sx10is has an old firmware 1.00C, and a'm interested if chdk will be avalable for this FW

thanks in advance

Offline reyalp

« Reply #235 on: 09 / May / 2009, 16:07:24 »
my canon sx10is has an old firmware 1.00C, and a'm interested if chdk will be avalable for this FW
You should read this thread. Especially the post directly above yours:
If no one has said anything in this thread about a particular firmware being ported, it almost certainly hasn't been started.

or earlier:
AFAIK, no one is working on it. If it happens, it will almost certainly be posted in this thread. It would also be noted on the SX10 wiki page.

There is no schedule or plan for ports. They get done when a developer has the time, skill and motivation to do them. This is not usually influenced by how many people want the port.

If and when someone does a 101b port, it should be there as well.

Note, no amount of people saying they want a particular revision ported makes any difference in how likely it is to actually get ported. Porting to a new firmware revision is easier than porting to a new camera, but it's still a tedious task.

Offline yvesson

• A540 SX10IS
    • poll about some pics (not much serious) ^^
« Reply #236 on: 10 / May / 2009, 08:36:49 »
Hej,
Damned there are a lot of different firmwares for this cam. Mine 1.01B as some others... now fingers crossed.
I wonder also how come there are the need of so many different versions.

« Reply #237 on: 10 / May / 2009, 08:41:21 »
Hej,
Damned there are a lot of different firmwares for this cam. Mine 1.01B as some others... now fingers crossed.
I wonder also how come there are the need of so many different versions.
More interestingly, on Canon's website, the later versions are not available for download, so they probably do not represent any improvements over earlier ones. Perhaps they are all the same, and this is just an attempt on the part of Canon to discourage CHDK developers from working on versions for this camera, knowing that just a limited number of users could benefit from their work...

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #238 on: 10 / May / 2009, 11:42:33 »
thats bull*. canon could shut us down immediately with a single letter written by their law firm, why would they go through the hassle creating lots & different of firmware versions. besides, if a port is finished, applying the port to a "sister firmware" is not that hard anymore.
most "unofficial" firmware updates by canon fix either things a user doesnt need to be fixed or adds an additional language, or fixes a string somewhere. sometimes this changes the offsets of functions, sometimes not. and that's that.

« Reply #239 on: 10 / May / 2009, 11:48:23 »
thats bull*.
My conspiracy theory wasn't written very seriously...