A1000IS porting... - page 14 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

A1000IS porting...

• 297 Replies

Offline EyP3

Re: A1000IS porting...
« Reply #130 on: 30 / June / 2009, 10:58:56 »
Advertisements
Ah, ok. That sounds practical too, but I don't think it has been made for
this project. Maybe someone else knows more about it or can build the file?

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #131 on: 01 / July / 2009, 01:45:08 »
...try ewavr's fi2encdec.zip...

« Reply #132 on: 10 / July / 2009, 16:27:02 »
How may I help this along? I have access to an A1000, a 1 GB SD card, a copy of Eclipse and Visual Studio, and a desire to use more features...

Offline reyalp

« Reply #133 on: 10 / July / 2009, 20:10:07 »
How may I help this along? I have access to an A1000, a 1 GB SD card, a copy of Eclipse and Visual Studio, and a desire to use more features...
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline d

« Reply #134 on: 11 / July / 2009, 16:08:29 »
you can use diskboot.bin to create ps.fi2 with the method which fe50 linked to.

« Reply #135 on: 28 / July / 2009, 20:04:20 »
I spend some time playing around with the OSD parameters on the A1000, and happened acress the answer to Caly's question:

Dunno yet what that strange orange box is at the bottom left.  I'll figure out how to turn that off sometime... 

The orange bar on bottom of screen indicates the remaining space on the sd card. To turn it off select 'Show Space Bar' in 'Filespace' in 'OSD parameters' in 'Main Menu', and set to 'Don't'.

Enjoy!

« Reply #136 on: 01 / August / 2009, 15:17:05 »
Compiling Diablos code from source.

Here is what I have tried:
* install compiler as described in: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Compiling_CHDK_under_Linux, using the gcc 4.3.1-binutils 2.18 environment kit
* install svn: 'apt-get install subversion'
* download and uncompress Diablos source code. Diablo provided only the files he modified - thus his sources are incomplete and need to be restored (completed)
* use  'svn status -u' to find which revision Diablos files are
* run 'svn co https://tools.assembla.com/svn/chdk/trunk chdk --revision 552' to get an unmodified version of the same revision. This created a directory called chdk in the current directory, and placed the files and sub directories in it.
* copy all of the files contained in the zip file into the same directories, thus applying Diablos edits
* one of the makefiles is messed up, and will corrupt the stubs_entry.S file. To fix this I ran: 'svn revert platform/makefile_sub.inc' in the chdk diretory.
* to see only warnings and errors when compiling, I edited  makefile.inc, uncomment 'SILENT=SILENT', this edit restored the files default.
* run 'make fir'. After a number of status messages and a few compiler warnings I got: '**** Firmware creation completed successfully'

However, my camera will not recognize the resulting DISKBOOT.BIN, and displays 'Card locked!'. I tested the SD card by placing a copy of the DISKBOOT.BIN on it that Diablo posted earlier in the treat, and it booted fine. Thus I believe the card is good and formatted correctly.

I would like to ask: Has anyone compiled Diablos code from source sucessfully?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #137 on: 02 / August / 2009, 01:45:33 »
Is the diskboot you are making encoded with dancingbits ?

« Reply #138 on: 02 / August / 2009, 05:02:58 »
Hi All,
Let me first thank Diablo for his great work!

Mapless, I followed your steps and tried to update Diablo's tree to the latest revision under svn, hoping that this can help but without luck!
I'm reporting the problem I faced, it would be great if someone could help!

resolved conflicts in:
'platform/makefile_sub.inc'.
'include/camera.h'.
'core/main.c

but I think in camera.h parameters for A1000 (that I took from Diablo's work) are few or incorrect. Could you help me to update/complete? where they come from?

When compiling there are unresolved adresses:

TurnOffBackLight
DoAFLock
UnlockAF

Any suggestion?
Bye

Offline reyalp

« Reply #139 on: 02 / August / 2009, 17:30:05 »
Hi All,
Let me first thank Diablo for his great work!

Mapless, I followed your steps and tried to update Diablo's tree to the latest revision under svn, hoping that this can help but without luck!
I'm reporting the problem I faced, it would be great if someone could help!

resolved conflicts in:
'platform/makefile_sub.inc'.
'include/camera.h'.
'core/main.c

but I think in camera.h parameters for A1000 (that I took from Diablo's work) are few or incorrect. Could you help me to update/complete? where they come from?

When compiling there are unresolved adresses:

TurnOffBackLight
DoAFLock
UnlockAF

Any suggestion?
These were probably added since he did the original port. You need to find them in your dump, which you can do by looking at other ports where they are found, and finding the similar code in yours. Or if you just want it to compile, you can just point them at a RET (BX LR) instruction using stubs_entry_2.S