Re: A1000IS porting...
« Reply #170 on: 26 / August / 2009, 09:41:42 »
Advertisements
I can check in the evening.
N.

Offline EyP3

« Reply #171 on: 26 / August / 2009, 14:08:29 »
The camera hangs after the third picture. The effect with the panning may have been coincidence.

Norbert

« Reply #172 on: 26 / August / 2009, 14:18:06 »
At the start of the sequence it focuses and tries to lock focus.
'AFL' (autofocus locked) should be displayed top-left, is it ?

At the end of the sequence it unlocks focus and 'AFL' should no longer be displayed.

Did it unlock focus ?

David

Offline EyP3

« Reply #173 on: 26 / August / 2009, 14:37:24 »
At the start of the sequence it focuses and tries to lock focus.
'AFL' (autofocus locked) should be displayed top-left, is it ?

yes.

At the end of the sequence it unlocks focus and 'AFL' should no longer be displayed.

Did it unlock focus ?

no.

Norbert

« Reply #174 on: 26 / August / 2009, 15:53:06 »
Did it unlock focus ?
no.

It is possible that the function address in the CHDK port is incorrect.

I will see if I can check it.

David

Offline EyP3

« Reply #175 on: 26 / August / 2009, 16:02:02 »
Great! Thanks!

Ahm, would it be very difficult to include the USB functionality in the CHDK? I mean, I figure you already did it for the SDM?
That would be really nice.

Cheers,
Norbert

« Reply #176 on: 26 / August / 2009, 16:34:17 »
Even though it says 'AFL' the focus is not actually locked because on the A1000 CHDK port the DoAFLock() and UnlockAF() functions do not do anything.

Not sure why it hangs though, I will do some tests with another SDM user.

The code for CHDK and SDM is quite different, are you saying that the USB remote switch does not work with CHDK (by plugging USB cable into computer) ?

Offline EyP3

« Reply #177 on: 26 / August / 2009, 16:48:16 »
Even though it says 'AFL' the focus is not actually locked because on the A1000 CHDK port the DoAFLock() and UnlockAF() functions do not do anything.

Not sure why it hangs though, I will do some tests with another SDM user.

ok.

The code for CHDK and SDM is quite different

ok, thought this would be maybe the same function.

, are you saying that the USB remote switch does not work with CHDK (by plugging USB cable into computer) ?

That seems to work too, surprisingly.

I was referring to Diablos implementation list:

* hijack Keyboard handler (this includes USB-support)
      Progress: not done

thanks again.

Norbert

« Reply #178 on: 26 / August / 2009, 23:08:06 »
I use a 40D for most of my general photography and all of my astrophotography, a replacement for my trusty Wasia hack modded Rebel which I gave to my sister in law; a G2 with a Gentled for time lapse; a Bell&Howell BH40 1.3MP camera from the digital dark ages for playing with IR and an RCA Small Wonder HD camcorder is being pressed into service for kite aerial video.  Now I'm thinking a small Canon P&S w/CHDK would also be great for KAP and time lapse.  I can pick up an A1000IS for about $125 but porting CHDK is beyond my abilities.  It looks like some progress is being made, but I'm afraid I really couldn't bring anything to the party as far as helping out with getting a final version up and running.  It's hard to find the older models for which CHDK is already ported....but I may have found a solution.  The lab where I work uses an A590IS (I haven't checked the firmware version yet).  I'm gonna offer to buy a shiny new A1000IS for the lab in exchange for the A590IS.  I've been lurking the forums (fora?) a long time and following the Wiki and before that the Yahoo Canon hack group, but all this talk of dumping source code, compiling and all that type of stuff was making my head hurt, I know when I'm outa my league.  No real point to this post, the fire sprinkler system at work went ape$hit all over my equipment today, it was a rough and costly afternoon and I'm finally getting to relax with an adult beverage.

« Reply #179 on: 30 / October / 2009, 15:52:54 »
howdy,

so this thread seems to have gone fallow since that last dramatic post.

i just got the a1000is as a gift and then discovered this canon hackability thing and i'm really excited.  anyone have any updates or any ETAs on when the project might be finished?

thanks!