Images (DICM) Stored on Wrong Partition - page 4 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

Images (DICM) Stored on Wrong Partition

• 32 Replies
Re: Images (DICM) Stored on Wrong Partition
« Reply #30 on: 10 / October / 2012, 04:13:19 »
Advertisements
Thank you for your reply.

I understand about ISO. Clear.

I'm confused about setting AV or TV. Your post implies that this is useless because if set, say TV, then the Canon software will not set the correct aperture. Is that correct?

When shooting underwater I would really like to set TV to keep the shutter speed at 1/125. Is there any way to do that and get a proper aperture setting?

« Reply #31 on: 10 / October / 2012, 12:42:01 »
When shooting underwater I would really like to set TV to keep the shutter speed at 1/125. Is there any way to do that and get a proper aperture setting?
The A1000 does not have an adjustable aperature.  There is a Neutral Density filter that can swing in & out but the aperature is fixed ( although the effective aperature does vary with zoom position ).

So exposure is determined by the shutter speed and  ISO setting.  If you want to fix the shutter speed at 1/125 then the only thing you can vary is the ISO sensitivity setting. 

AFAIK,  the only way to do this and get the proper exposure automatically if the camera does not set the ISO correctly  is with a small script.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #32 on: 10 / October / 2012, 16:24:26 »
Thank you. I understand.

Looking back over my photos and EXIF data I can see what went wrong with the early ones and right with the later ones.

If I set only the shutter speed and leave the ISO to the camera, I will get, more or less, correct exposures at the shutter speed I want.

Thanks again.