Including object tracking boxes in outputted image - Script Writing - CHDK Forum  

Including object tracking boxes in outputted image

• 1 Replies
Including object tracking boxes in outputted image
« on: 17 / May / 2023, 20:34:54 »
Advertisements
Weird request, but I find object detection boxes to be very visually pleasing and I'm wondering if there would be a way to capture the OSD object detection boxes displayed in the shooting mode of my Powershot SX600 HS in the final image.

Offline reyalp

Re: Including object tracking boxes in outputted image
« Reply #1 on: 17 / May / 2023, 23:00:36 »
Weird request, but I find object detection boxes to be very visually pleasing and I'm wondering if there would be a way to capture the OSD object detection boxes displayed in the shooting mode of my Powershot SX600 HS in the final image.
Not without reverse engineering and custom code. It should theoretically be possible to find them in memory (as we did for some face tracking on some models https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=8243.msg86889#msg86889) and then draw them on the final image using rawop

The Canon exif Makernote might conceivably include information about detected objects, though I'd kind of expect that to be limited to the one used for autofocus, at best.

Don't forget what the H stands for.