chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 86 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #850 on: 12 / October / 2015, 13:07:35 »
Advertisements
Stencil buffer in RAM dump is 8bpp, but in chdkptp it is 16bit. Why?
CHDKPTP can only handle 2 kinds of buffers (plus the palette which we don't need) at the moment. The display data appearing on your attached picture does not seem to include the stencil data as both buffers are obviously 16 bpp.
I'd also recommend using the newer hexplorer release (sent you a link a few days ago) since that supports the new YUV variants found in DIGIC 6 cameras.

Offline Ant

« Reply #851 on: 12 / October / 2015, 13:52:15 »
I'd also recommend using the newer hexplorer release
Ok, it is not stencil data (lower frame) , but now colours are the same as on camera display

Offline Ant

« Reply #852 on: 12 / October / 2015, 15:43:27 »
After replacement in live_view.c

Code: [Select]
        //data->send_data(data->handle,vid_get_bitmap_active_buffer(),bm_size,0,0,0,0);
        data->send_data(data->handle,vid_get_bitmap_active_stencil(),bm_size,0,0,0,0);
I got:

« Last Edit: 12 / October / 2015, 15:44:59 by Ant »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #853 on: 12 / October / 2015, 16:31:04 »
After replacement in live_view.c
Have you modified the chdkptp code at all? It will need quite significant changes to handle this.

If you can upload a sample memory dump of a viewport, overlay and stencil, along with the dimension and format, I may be able to help (but not till the end of the week, at least)

To support this properly, I think we need:
* new lv_fb_type for stencil and the new YUV format(s)
* new TFR flag for "stencil" (I suspect this is an alpha channel, not it actually stencil?). If you only want the UI, you probably don't need it.
* add stencil buffer offset lv_fb_desc. I guess we could overload palette for this (new type, size is size of the buffer, fb_desc stuffed at the start) but this seems like it might be confusing. Would be OK for a quick hack testing though.

Quote from: srcs_4c
Perhaps we should consider lowering the frame rate for some of them (i.e. don't transfer the overlays every time).
Since the TFR flags are set on each lv update call, it would be pretty easy to make chdkptp only ask for the UI overlay every Nth frame.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Ant

« Reply #854 on: 12 / October / 2015, 17:15:24 »
If you can upload a sample memory dump of a viewport, overlay and stencil, along with the dimension and format, I may be able to help (but not till the end of the week, at least)

Did you read all my previous messages?

I just want to get correct rendering of viewport and bitmap(not stencil) data provided at http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6231.msg125026#msg125026
as it shown here:

(I suspect this is an alpha channel, not it actually stencil?)
This is buffer, that now used for correctly drawing CHDK GUI.

To support this properly, I think we need:
* new lv_fb_type for stencil and the new YUV format(s)
* new TFR flag for "stencil" (I suspect this is an alpha channel, not it actually stencil?). If you only want the UI, you probably don't need it.

I don't need stencil. New viewport and bitmap buffer format (UYVY 16 bit) can be detected by palette size(0 or -1) or type ( 4 )
« Last Edit: 12 / October / 2015, 17:38:11 by Ant »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #855 on: 12 / October / 2015, 18:11:30 »
(I suspect this is an alpha channel, not it actually stencil?).
It is alpha channel or opacity. At the time I named this buffer, I thought the firmware was using OpenGL. As I found out later, the CPU core CHDK runs on doesn't have access to OpenGL, there is a separate CPU core (with its own firmware) for that.
I just want to get correct rendering of viewport and bitmap(not stencil) data
If this can't wait until next week, you'll have to start hacking the CHDKPTP source too.
I don't need stencil. New viewport and bitmap buffer format (UYVY 16 bit) can be detected by palette size(0 or -1) or type ( 4 )
It might be possible to skip rendering of overlay pixels if their value corresponds to the background color (0x80, 0x00, 0x80, 0x00 for two pixels on my cam). This won't be perfect as the Canon graphics have transparent parts.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #856 on: 12 / October / 2015, 21:57:42 »
Did you read all my previous messages?
Yes, but maybe I missed something. An lvdump is a protocol dump, but since the protocol doesn't actually support your camera and you've made unspecified changes to the camera side  (?), it's not clear what it contains.

That's fine, but my goal is not just make a one-off hack for your immediate need. It's clear that full support needs the alpha channel.

edit:
To be clear, I do appreciate you bringing thus up and working on it. Good stuff :D
« Last Edit: 12 / October / 2015, 22:16:13 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #857 on: 13 / October / 2015, 14:08:13 »
It might be possible to skip rendering of overlay pixels if their value corresponds to the background color (0x80, 0x00, 0x80, 0x00 for two pixels on my cam). This won't be perfect as the Canon graphics have transparent parts.
Hack for both sides attached. Can't guarantee it will work for ports other than mine. Alpha channel is guessed, see quote above.

Offline Ant

« Reply #858 on: 13 / October / 2015, 15:09:20 »
Hack for both sides attached

Can you post windows32 binary?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #859 on: 13 / October / 2015, 18:01:13 »
Can you post windows32 binary?
Sorry, can't currently do that. Try following the readme.