Complete Newbie Needs Help With Porting SD30 / Ixus i zoom - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Complete Newbie Needs Help With Porting SD30 / Ixus i zoom

• 2 Replies
Advertisements
Hey Guys,
I'm a complete newbie to all of this stuff, and I want to port the SD30 / Ixus i zoom. I've performed a dump of the firmware here: zSHARE - ixus izoom sd30.zip

I have no idea what I need to do or how to do it. I know that I need to make a list of commands or something...
I've had a serious look through the forums, net, wiki, for clear instructions on how to do this and have come up with more or less nothing.
So, I'd like to make a contribution/make my firmware dump useful, but i need either
a) someone willing to port this
b) clear plain word instructions on what i need to do.

There seems to be some C work needed or something? I have experience in Java so i'm sure it wouldn't be a big jump. But again, i need to know what!!!

Perhaps if there are some clear instructions put here which are useful then they could find a more permenant place somewhere to attract more enthusiasts to stay and help out? :)

Re: Complete Newbie Needs Help With Porting SD30 / Ixus i zoom
« Reply #1 on: 01 / May / 2008, 07:06:26 »
P.s oh how embarrasing - where are my manners? PPPPPPPPPPPPlllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee???  :'(  :)

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
Re: Complete Newbie Needs Help With Porting SD30 / Ixus i zoom
« Reply #2 on: 01 / May / 2008, 08:12:29 »
For a start, read this. Be sure to follow and read the links. Once you've understood all that, acquired and set up the necessary tools, started the work, and encountered a technical problem that you are unable to solve, even though you tried your best, then ask here. Do not expect anybody to take your hand and walk you through.