Problem with SD30 Install - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Problem with SD30 Install

• 3 Replies
Problem with SD30 Install
« on: 19 / March / 2009, 18:59:23 »
Advertisements
I checked my SD30 camera and discovered that it uses 1.00H firmware. When I checked for the correct download on CHDK Autobuild Server, this camera is listed with the 1.00G firmware. I downloaded both the full "G" and "H" firmware. When i tried installing the "H" version, I do not receive the option to update my firmware in the camera. When I install the "G" version, I get the option to upgrade the firmware, but the camera hangs on the install with a blue light shinning until the camera's battery is exhausted.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Problem with SD30 Install
« Reply #1 on: 20 / March / 2009, 07:32:37 »
Hello & welcome, SethVanV !

I checked my SD30 camera and discovered that it uses 1.00H firmware.
I downloaded both the full "G" and "H" firmware. When i tried installing the "H" version...

There's only a CHDK version for the SD30 with firmware 1.00G, so which "H" version do you mean ?

The CHDK must be ported (programmed) for almost each firmware version; so if the 1.00G version do not run on your camera with 1.00H fw, the camera crashes - remove & reinsert the batteries to start your cam again without CHDK.
To use CHDK on your 1.00H camera, it must be ported to this firmware....

« Reply #2 on: 21 / March / 2009, 11:58:14 »
Thanks for your help. I discovered the firmware on my camera using the ver.req file on the SD card in camera. The firmware listed is GM1.00H for my SD30 camera. When I went to the Autobuild Download section it lists firmware 1.00G for my camera. This download section also has a file for Firmware 1.00H for the PowerShhot G9. I downloaded both the 1.00G file for the Sd30 and the 1.00H file for the PowerShot G9. When I tried the file for firmware 1.00H, I do not get the option to update my firmware on the camera. When I tried the file for firmware 1.00G, I receive the option to upgrade my firmware, but the camera repeatedly hangs on the installation.

I believe that since my SD30 camera has the 1.00H firmware you cannot upgrade this camera using the 1.00H firmware file for the PowerShot camera. In addition, since there is only a 1.00G version in the download section for the SD30, I am not able to use the CHDK program until a version of this file is ported for my camera for the 1.00H firmware.  Do you agree?

Thanks.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 21 / March / 2009, 15:08:30 »
Yes, CHDK must be ported to each camera + firmware version.

You can never run a CHDK version made for a different camera model (e.g. G9 on your SD30), sometimes the differences between 2 firmwares of the same camera model are small enough to run the same CHDK version.

Your 1.00H camera crashes with the CHDK version for the 1.00G, so they are not compatible, the only way is an own port for the SD30 fw 1.00H...