DNG options not available with IXUS iZoom (aka SD-30) - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

DNG options not available with IXUS iZoom (aka SD-30)

• 7 Replies
DNG options not available with IXUS iZoom (aka SD-30)
« on: 12 / February / 2010, 04:26:51 »
Advertisements
Dear all,

Hello! :)

I was wondering if you could help.

I have been trying to enable the DNG features for my camera (Ixus iZoom, 5 megapixel, aka SD-30). It features 5 buttons (power on/off; shooter; DirectPrint; Func./Set; and Menu) and a three position selector slider (Play mode; Video mode; Shooting mode).

Now, I have succesfully managed to load the last chdk build (0.9.9-873) for my camera, load the badpixel script (badpixel.lua) from the Test folder under Script parameters, move the slider to Shooting mode and successfully run the script following the instructions in the user guide (the camera shoots twice; final count of bad pixels is 1925). Once is done it says 'Press SET to save; other key to exit'. I therefore press the Func./Set button and it saves the badpixel.bin file under the CHDK folder. Then the script shows the message 'Finished'. Well, I quit ALT mode, move the slider to PLAY mode, enter ALT mode again, RAW Parameters but then the DNG options are still not available in the menu.

What am I doing wrong? Has anybody else with this model of camera experienced the same? Is this a specific problem with this camera? Anyone with a bit of advice?

Thanks in advance :)

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: DNG options not available with IXUS iZoom (aka SD-30)
« Reply #1 on: 12 / February / 2010, 06:53:20 »
Hello & welcome, beowulf226 !

the DNG options are still not available in the menu.

The SD30 CHDK port do not have DNG support, this feature is not implemented yet on this camera.
ATM you have to use the RAW format...

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #2 on: 12 / February / 2010, 07:11:32 »
@fe50

Copy/paste error in camera.h ? It has DNG_SUPPORT = 1 for TX1 ...

wim

edit: must learn to read before write, sorry
« Last Edit: 12 / February / 2010, 08:22:27 by whim »

« Reply #3 on: 12 / February / 2010, 09:37:22 »
Well,

Thank you both for your swift response. I presume I'll have to wait until DNG is ported for the little iZoom then. Any chance of that happening before version 1.0.0 (or with version 1.0.0)?

Thanks ;)

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #4 on: 12 / February / 2010, 10:09:01 »
@beowulf226

In the mean time, there's still DNG4PS2, which can convert RAW to DNG http://code.google.com/p/dng4ps2/
Unfortunately it does not support iZoom out of the box. However, by comparing data in the CHDK source
the iZoom appears to have the same sensor as ixus50, ixus55 and S2IS; you might be able to get the program to work
by creating a profile for it based on one of the above cams ...
I can't be sure though, haven't used DNG4PS2 for over a year (my cams all support internal RAW->DNG ...)

hope that helps,

wim

edit: OK, refreshed my memory on the program a bit, couldn't create new profile, but try this:

1. put your raw CRW file(s) in a separate folder (without the corresponding JPG)
2. start DNG4PS2 and browse to the folder
3. click Settings... and go to the "Camera Types" tab
4. Select one of the cams available in the "2672 x 1968" drop down
5. Once you get it to convert, try which cam setting gives the best results
« Last Edit: 12 / February / 2010, 10:34:52 by whim »

« Reply #5 on: 13 / February / 2010, 08:39:02 »
Thanks, whim.

I had tried before DNG4PS2 but as you say my camera is not supported 'out of the  box' so I couldn't get the software convert any RAW pictures regardless the camera settings... :( I may give it another go, though...

Otherwise it would be back to waiting time... I do hope chdk version 1.0.0 does not forget about the tiny little iZoom!  :)

Thanks again.

Offline hwntw

« Reply #6 on: 01 / August / 2010, 10:42:04 »
Hello, just got an Ixus iZoom (sd30). Dinky, made from metal, for a change. Can I assist in enabling DNG RAW on this model? I add my name to those who want DNG.
Ixus 300HS S100

Windows 10

« Reply #7 on: 15 / November / 2010, 18:11:38 »
So long! :)

I was just wondering if the last build of CHDK has implemented DNG support for the IXUS iZoom (SD-30). Apologies for asking about this again but haven't found an answer anywhere in the website and was wondering whether support for the said feature had been happening somehow since February...

If not, any chance of this feature to be implemented soon or to be reported as a formal request for formal implementation in a future release/build of CHDK?

Many thanks once more.