Where do I get the BIG picture of CHDK ? - page 3 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

Where do I get the BIG picture of CHDK ?

• 25 Replies
GREAT!
« Reply #20 on: 14 / December / 2007, 21:02:22 »
Advertisements
I just stumbled across the CHDK, and WOW how cool!  :D

@linuxGuy: It would be GOD-DAMN AMAZING if you made my Canon 30D run CHDK!! (For one, Canon 30D is DIGIC II, while Canon 40D is DIGIC III. What OSes do the run?)

@GrAnd: How come you are so damn hostile to a fellow developer that wants to chip into the development of the project? It seem very strange to nearly attack a person that clearly has positive ambitions to contribute to the project.

I indeed agree that Canon's lower end SLRs have a lot of potential with this amazing hack!

I'd love to chip in here, but I'm a Java coder - I haven't done any machine code since the Commodore 64 days! So I'll have to just hope for someone else doing some SLR work on the code. If there is anything I can do with my Canon 30D camera (the firmware dumping and such), then please let me know - I know how to handle a soldering iron, at least, so that bleedin' awfully cool LED dumping hack should be doable. I could start immediately, checking if the camera is "talkative" if anyone gave me somewhat clear instructions of how to boot the blink-code - Morse me "hello world!" using the LEDs!

linuxGuy

Re: GREAT!
« Reply #21 on: 15 / December / 2007, 04:58:05 »
I just stumbled across the CHDK, and WOW how cool!  :D

Welcome !

@linuxGuy: It would be GOD-DAMN AMAZING if you made my Canon 30D run CHDK!! (For one, Canon 30D is DIGIC II, while Canon 40D is DIGIC III. What OSes do the run?)

The code for the DIGICIIs for the compact cameras has been cracked.  So it may be easier to get something running for the 30D than the 40D.  Alas, I don't own a 30D, so I'll be working on a 40D.

I'd love to chip in here, but I'm a Java coder - I haven't done any machine code since the Commodore 64 days! So I'll have to just hope for someone else doing some SLR work on the code.

Well... the CHDK coding is being done in uBASIC or C, depending if you are working on the firmware itself or a script application.  C is somewhat close to Java and I am sure you can figure out uBASIC, so roll up your sleeves and start working.

And I suspect that the ARM processor in these cameras runs Java bytecode. 

If there is anything I can do with my Canon 30D camera (the firmware dumping and such), then please let me know

Start by dumping the firmware for it.  And then do a search and see what you come up with for keywords hidden in the code.  That is a good start.

I know how to handle a soldering iron, at least, so that bleedin' awfully cool LED dumping hack should be doable. I could start immediately, checking if the camera is "talkative" if anyone gave me somewhat clear instructions of how to boot the blink-code - Morse me "hello world!" using the LEDs!

The instructions are over on the Wiki page.  Start reading.

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
Re: Where do I get the BIG picture of CHDK ?
« Reply #22 on: 15 / December / 2007, 05:37:59 »
@GrAnd: How come you are so damn hostile to a fellow developer that wants to chip into the development of the project? It seem very strange to nearly attack a person that clearly has positive ambitions to contribute to the project.
:blink:
Me?! Are you sure what it was me?
I always try to help. But the problem is:
The first, I do not know so much, as someone expected.
The second, I do not speak English very well and it is difficult for me to write multipage answers.
The third, I'm not a hardware engineer, as linuxGuy. I'm a programmer. Windows, mostly. For CHDK I mostly made GUI improvements, or parts, which do not require a knowledge in hardware. I know assembler (x86, and, after CHDK, a little bit ARM). But I'm helpless person for answering on questions, which linuxGuy asks.
The fourth, this guy writes quicker than I able to read. :D

Anyway, if you fill my posts are rude, useless, hostile and so on, you could ask the moderator to ban me.

Regards.
« Last Edit: 15 / December / 2007, 05:59:18 by GrAnd »
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #23 on: 15 / December / 2007, 15:11:35 »
Dear GrAnd,
We respectfully agree with your Fourth Point,
however, we respectully & vehemently disagree with your First, Second & Third points.

« Reply #24 on: 15 / December / 2007, 16:50:23 »
Ladies and Gentleman,

Remain on topic.

Cheers

« Reply #25 on: 27 / December / 2007, 20:56:08 »
I'd just like to say that I found this thread packed full of info I never knew, and thanks to everyone to answering the linux guy