building usb-remote-cable - page 37 - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum  

building usb-remote-cable

• 474 Replies

Offline Pauls9

• S3 IS
Re: building usb-remote-cable
« Reply #360 on: 24 / June / 2011, 04:11:15 »
Advertisements
Yup - ferrite bead. This will work fine for a remote control.

« Reply #361 on: 12 / July / 2011, 12:51:18 »
Hi Everybody,..I'm new to CHDK having just installed it on my Canon IXUS 105,SDM is ok but i'm having trouble with video output into my lcd screen..currently i'm using VC-DC400ST" video cable plugged into the USB port on camera, achilles said that he was made it with usb splitter, but in my country it is very difficult to find that things. so all I can do right now is to connecting cable, from 4 cables, red, white, green and black..but still did not show up.is there anyone here can help me, how to configure this cables... i'm not using audio...thanks.

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #362 on: 12 / July / 2011, 16:33:34 »
Hi caveman.  I checked into the IXUS 105, and the cable supplied with it is the "AVC-DC400" not the "AVC-DC400ST".  I do not know the difference in the cable pinouts, but the cables are not the same (one has stereo, the other does not).  If the pins for video are the same, the "green" plug should be video (and should be yellow), and ideally, one or the other audio plug (red or white), will match the pin for audio.  The only black connector is the USB, except with the "AVC-DC400", where there is one video connector, and one mono audio connector (which is also black)..
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-AVC-DC400-composite-connector/dp/B001L658L8
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-AVC-DC400ST-Stereo-AV-Cable/dp/B002P3LD7Y

If you plug the usb of the cable into your camera, the LCD should blank, and video/audio will be output to a TV, VCR, etc.. If this does not work, the cable must not have the same pin configuration.

Does any part of this work for you?
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

« Reply #363 on: 13 / July / 2011, 13:18:14 »
yup, you are correct..Achillies, the cable is avc-dc400..today,i've been look inside at the avc-dc400 and what I see is that cable is using 6 pin. but i can't see the configuration of the cable. too much glue at the head of cable..I can use the SDM  with my remote shutter running good, I made it my self with 4 cables ( red,green,white, and black)... with 4 cables i've been trying to configure each cable one by one to connect with a/v cable. but still no picture on my video..I'm using A series USB Connector for the remote shutter... what's wrong with my cable ? Should I change the cable with 6 cable like AVCDC400 ?, perhaps you could help me to configure this cables..

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #364 on: 13 / July / 2011, 14:56:23 »
« Last Edit: 14 / July / 2011, 09:59:54 by achillies »

« Reply #365 on: 14 / July / 2011, 01:15:25 »
thank's for your quick reply and your explanation..I will try first,then let you know about the progress..hope it works properly, thanks..

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #366 on: 14 / July / 2011, 09:24:34 »
I edited that message, because I incorrectly stated info about the standard USB pins, which are not present in the Canon AVC-DC400ST video cable.

So if you would like simultaneous video out as well as USB you must get a different cable or USB connector.

« Reply #367 on: 14 / July / 2011, 10:58:13 »
it's ok...today my plan is buy some new HTC splitter like you said..but usually the it takes about 2 weeks shipping to my country..just be patient.. :'(

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #368 on: 14 / July / 2011, 14:12:07 »
@caveman -  The scenario in your JPG should work just fine.  You will take care of the pin differences (mono vs stereo) I'm sure.

« Reply #369 on: 15 / July / 2011, 08:03:00 »
thanks achillies, your knowledge and solution about how to work with this usb cable is very helping me...may God Bless you...thanks.